Please don't nerf the Leitis (or Lithuanian cavalry)

If your plan is to wait for having the thousands of food/wood to start pumping Leitis again from your few castles, while the enemy just makes siege rams + halb from his tons of barracks/SW you’re going to lose. By this logic infantry UU are even more broken since they cost even less gold and don’t have trash counters.

Well when you’re buying gold, whether it’s for ram or Letis, you’re already cutting your trash numbers anyway…

3 Likes

They still have 2 pierce armor at castle age, which is the same as a knight, so they beat all units except pikes and camels.

They have same hp than a knight
They have 12 (plus all atack bonus) atack while knights have 10
This is compensed by knights having +1 melee armor.

At castle age they are very strong. But at imperial age they are ok (in my opinion). Yes they need a castle to be made…

Any way, i think is a bit early to say they are op. They are just strong (as many other UU) but they still have counters. Lets wait more time to see leitis played at high levels at their best aproach.

In a 2v2, leitis/teutons + enlgish archers/ethiopians will dominate.

It would likely just end up as a strictly worse version of Farimba, for the vast majority of matches.

1 Like

But you are getting a better unit too.
I would rather sell Wood to get Leitis, then get Hussars and a few more Halbs or Skirms.

As a Gold unit, Leitis is one of the best in the game, on a cost-efficiency standpoint.

already covered that. When I was referring to pierce armor I was talking elite.

And yet lithuanians dont appear to be overpowered.

1 Like

I am not saying they are.

You didn’t but I want to head off the nerf brigade who has after them since the patch

3 Likes

I stil think they should lose Paladin, bad everyone knows about my position on Paladins, and so many Cavalry civs just being Knight civs, because they have Paladins.

Did the test in the scenario editor and lith crap rams > 4 relic leitis against both castles and bombard towers, for the same gold cost.

Liths get Capped Rams, which is not that crappy at all.

Of course Rams do better than Leitis against Castles, Leitis is not a Siege unit, but a Cavalry unit.
In Trash Wars, I would much rather have fewer Leitis than more Hussars, so selling some Food for Gold is a better trade for me.

It’s partially a nerf in the relic bonus aspect, which I think is too strong. Getting at least two relics is basically guaranteeed, and that is free compared to farimba.
I do not think that lithuanians as a whole are overpowered, far from it. I would rather have the relic bonus nerfed and give lithuanians some eco bonus. This is however just my opinion, I understand that many would disagree with me. There are multiple ways to approach the problem.
I do think that lithuanians siege could use some buff though. They are lacking siege engineers and all of the last upgrades, the only good thing is that they have bombard cannon.

Which is a great thing for them. BBC, even without SE, is great at counter-Siege.

I think it would be good if lithuanians had at least heavy scorps to counter infantry. Right now their only option is hand cannons.

1 Like

They also have HCA and Onager, which are decent against Infantry

the relic bonus can already be denied just by denying relics.

and yet farimba is a GUARANTEED bonus, whereas relics are not. especially as Lithuanians, anyone playing against them should make it their primary goal to deny relics.

and what type of eco bonus would that be?

what problem? if it was a problem Lithuanians would have a huge winrate like Teutons, but they don’t.

they already have FU arbs and Skirms for this. as well as HCA, HC, and Onager.

2 Likes

their are parthians tactics though, which is a big deal against halbs. And siege onager countering infantry is a bit sitautional, it depends a lot on the positioning. I a choke point? Sure. In the open? Not so much.

1 Like

they can simply outmicro halbs. and if halbs were the problem, simply using skirms would wreck halbs.

1 Like

The opponent is never going to get 5 relics if you play properly. Moreover, you would be out to get the relics regardless of the bonus, they are good for gold income.

they don’t have arbs, HCA lacks parthians, onager lacks siege engineer and is situational. HC are the only thing they have essentially.

I think Liths have exactly all the tools they need, and then some.
With the Leitis being so good as it is, if it was me, I would buff it in order to either remove Paladin, or Hussar, to see more Leitis in the lategame.