Please Fix the “Fur Trade Mechanic”

This is true, but the current hitpoints boost does basically nothing for this. They can eat a few more shots from cannons, but still can’t really hit back.

For teepees, I’d give them the following features:

• +5% yield to nearby resources (stacks per teepee)

• The ability to pack up and move and to receive economic shipments

• A toggle for coin collection from hunts. This could even be concentrated in the teepee itself. Something like a -10% gathering rate, but the teepee generates coin equivalent to the lost food income.

• A very slow healing rate and a boost to villager attack (so they can down hunts near to the teepee)

• An upgrade to increase the healing and attack boost and have it apply to military units

• Faster cooldown for charged attacks near teepees (and a rework to some units to make this relevant)

I probably wouldn’t go with an Arrow Knight equivalent since swapping the place of Cetan Bowman and Wakina Rifle kinda messes up the technological progression from bows to guns.

Instead, I’d give Wakina Rifle the Eagle Eye charged attack (like what Cree trackers get from the one US card) so they can be the long-ranged snipers. Combine that with an attack boost and faster charged attack refreshing from teepees, and they could be the unit that gives you long-ranged damage output. Since they’d still be vulnerable to artillery, you could add in a few upgrades to give Bow Riders a multiplier vs artillery or even a Maneuver ability for Club Warriors to temporarily avoid snaring.

Not really related to this issue, but for dealing with buildings, Lakota could also have rams like I described here: Should Native civs have the options of more captured artillery? [+Poll] - #12 by M00Z1LLA