Please, no micro-transactions!

Does an RTS seriously need micro-transactions? Please! don’t ruin Age of Empires!

Why not , i love pay to win.

–Sarcasm off—

Oh dear Dog, no micro-transactions of any kind please.

I know micro-transactions are going to be in the game… but leave it just for cosmetics, skins and stuff like that, the rest of the game let it be free to play if possible at least for multiplayer.

Well, profit today is far more important than fun. I’m sorry but gaming industry will let you down my friend.

Well the silver lining here is it isn’t being made by EA.

@BeetleSaturn505 said:
I know micro-transactions are going to be in the game… but leave it just for cosmetics, skins and stuff like that, the rest of the game let it be free to play if possible at least for multiplayer.

@BeetleSaturn505 said:

Nooooooo, that’s open up the possibility to get premium content.(pay2win).

@Mehkind said:
Well, profit today is far more important than fun. I’m sorry but gaming industry will let you down my friend.

That I’m happy projects like 0 A.D. or project celeste.

I have to say that I can’t support any kind of game that comes up with predatory practices like microtransactions or even gambling-lootboxes, not to mention that AOE is a title which children also play. I really hope they think very carefully before adding such things in AOE4.

I forgot micro-transactions existed, I can’t imagine how it would be implemented to the game.

I don’t want to know how it would be implemented to the game.

But it could be worse, imagine having to pay a monthly fee to play online :disappointed:

Personally I would not worry to much about them putting MCT:s in an AOE4 (there are way more risks with this than potential profit gains in my eyes).

The Community will lose it’s mind and sales and online activity will suffer drastically, I get why this is a concern people have but I think MS knows that putting MCT:s in this game will truly make it dead on arrival.

Actually I do enjoin how micro transactions are implemented on games where it only affect cosmetic things. I’m a long time player of and old moba, today there isn’t any pay to win, and the game still free just selling cosmetic/trivial things and with championships.

I’m a long time player of and old moba
says it all I’m afraid :stuck_out_tongue:

Cosmetic things can be made by fans as mods and downloaded for free. AOE4 will not be a free to play game, it will be a full priced AAA game, so no microtransactions of any kind please. They need to avoid greed and not shame the name of AOE.

I think the best approach is to have a one time release payment and only microtransactions for cosmetics. This will make the game more interesting and not pay to win. With that money they can sure keep the balancing teem and servers up for time the game endures. If they want to get to the competitive scene and become an E-sport, probably they will need a little bit more of money, so I think they could make a tournament system that charges you 1 or 2 dollars for entry and make 32 people tournaments of similar MMR, best of 3 or something, and the money of the tournaments if purely used to make and fund the prizes of an annual tournament. 1 to 2 dollars is cheap, can be fun, help practice to get better, and for an incentive to sign in, the winner can get a special cosmetic prize or something. But ladder for MMR and multiplayer should be completely free on PC (Similar to Overwatch one time payment, free multiplayer for ever). If the developers want to take high risk then they could give the game free and only depend on cosmetics and the tournament money. This will bring more hype, and the developers keep their audience engaged it will bring less reward now, more reward later. (Similar to popular mobas as LOL, Heroes of the Storm, Dota, start with low income but now in days are multimillionair companies which only 1 skin can rais 2 million dollars in a period of 2 months.)

just dont, never needed, please keep it like that

Hopefully they won’t follow the ways of other gaming companies (which shouldn’t b"E" n"A"med). it might drop the franchise in the mud from the beginning.

Or microtransaction for a free version and a complete one without any microtransaction.

@Lirycmex said:
Or microtransaction for a free version and a complete one without any microtransaction.

None at all thank you.

I’ll pay a few bucks to make my civs my own with sharp-dressed troops and personalized flags atop my roofs. Vanity items that don’t affect gameplay (and can be disabled in the settings menu) brought AoEO to life and helped keep the lights on longer than otherwise. Win-win.

@“Andy P” said:
I’ll pay a few bucks to make my civs my own with sharp-dressed troops and personalized flags atop my roofs. Vanity items that don’t affect gameplay (and can be disabled in the settings menu) brought AoEO to life and helped keep the lights on longer than otherwise. Win-win.

I agree it works fine for AoEO but for AoE4 assuming they are taking a more realistic approach I don’t think all the silly outfits and stuff would work as well for AoE4. So wouldn’t like it for this style of game.

But you mentioned they used microtransactions kept the game alive and I expect them to do something similar but just with new civs being added to the game. Adding a new civ every like 6 months with other big updates to the game could for sure keep the game alive. maybe along with a short scenario for each new civ.

I also think they mentioned in an interview they are planning on doing standard expansions instead of a lot of microstransactions. Could be wrong on that front of course though.