please say this isnt the last one, apart from HD Remakes there hasnt been anything for a while.

all the great games I love have ended with a Definitive Edition, I really hope this isn’t the end, I have played every Age of Empires Game as well as Age of Mythology id hate to see this be the end.

But on the note of mentioning if it is maybe you could do something like with Doom 3 BFG Edition, and include all the previous games, Age of Empires, Age of Empires II, Age of Empires III, Age of Mythology, Age of Mythology The Titans, Age of Empires: The Age of Kings and Age of Empires: Mythologies, as well as an Epic new game, it could be sooooo much better than Civilization.

The franchise itself, Age of Empires, was, is and should continue being developed upon. The fact that we have not heard anything in matters of a new game is very disappointing.

The community sure enjoyed the expansions to the old games, but I’m sure everyone’s more eager to play a new Age of Empires game, rather than expansions or remakes.

I’m looking forward to the day a new Age of Empires will be launched, ‘til then I’ll just have to settle with the good ol’ AoE II and III.

Frankly I’m of the opinion that they should just rehire as many Ensemble Studios folks as possible to make a good new Age of Mythology 2 or Age of Empires IV.

But that’s unlikely to happen I guess. It boggles my mind that Microsoft dismantled Ensemble over “high costs”.

@mythdracon said:
Frankly I’m of the opinion that they should just rehire as many Ensemble Studios folks as possible to make a good new Age of Mythology 2 or Age of Empires IV.

But that’s unlikely to happen I guess. It boggles my mind that Microsoft dismantled Ensemble over “high costs”.

M$ their focus has been xbox, an rts company like ES that develops mainly for pc does not fit in that.