Pocket play for Arena fast imperial

Hi everyone, I’d like to hear your opinions on how to help a flank who goes fast imperial age on Arena with either Turks/Bohemians or Portuguese.
When my flank does that I often ask myself what would be the best course of action, what would you do in the same position? 3TC boom with some knights? 2TC boom and knights? 1TC all in with lots of knights and rams? Just castle drop the enemy flank and do some rams while booming?
Let your flank take out the other flank while you just boom and get ready to assault the other pocket 2v1?

I would go 3TC boom while helping out my flank player.

1 Like

Not a totally serious suggestion, but I might try an 8 TC boom or something crazy up to 200 vils and sling thousands of res to fuel their aggression, before turning out a powerhouse unit of my own.

1 Like

First I don’t play arena frequently. Especially not TGs.
But imo in Arena TG a 1 TC Fimp doesn’t makes so much sense. You want to have at least some eco behind there.
But it’s also clear that a 3 TC play and at the same time funneling a lot of res of going up earlier can be very dangerous as a flank. In that conclusion I would actually better think of the pocket player going for 3 TC into good imp timing and asking the flanks for holding as good as possible until that powerspike.
Especially Turks, Bohemians and Portuguese have quite some good castle age options to work with and should be able to withstand a lot of pressure on their own.
Best suited for this would possibly be civs with good cav and (cav) archers aswell (sic, magyars, Cumans, Huns, Berbers, Tatars (spanish, lithuanians)) as it would open at least one more option as relief force if the opponents use various UUs to pressure that have more problems with being outclassed by archery.

Other than that if a flank goes fimp in general it’s usually the best idea for the pocket to add as much eco as possible as coverage and fallback strat if the fimp fails to deal a lot of damage. How much is ofc heavily depending on the opponents castle age agression then.
BTW usually it should be the pocket who makes these kind of strategic decisions as the pocket is the one responsible to assist if such a strat fails. So he need to have built up a plan how to assist in these situations before they are exectuted, as his whole built is heavily depending on that. Only exception is if the flank player is just so much more experienced that he can guide the pocket, but then he should not only tell the pocket his own strategy but also the strat for the pocket to go for.

1 Like

A Khmer player is perfect for this if the fast imp guy manages to buy enogh time and add pressure, Khmer boom is soo fast to deploy the battle eles, which are useful here.
Another option could be a Poles one to boom and then flood with 30g Knights or Cumans with Feudal Boom and then all-in Knight+capped rams.

1 Like