Poll about changing the Slavs civ name to Rus

As you know guys, after we got Poles and Bohemians now in DoTD expansion, and Bulgarians before and all of them are Slavs, so I really think it just make no sense to keep the Slavs civ name especially they reprsent the Rus more than any onther Slavic civ, so here is a poll to see what you think about changing the Slavs civ name to Rus and I think it will not be a bad Idea to give them a new campaign after the change of the name, so what do you think?

• Yes, change it to Rus
  • No, keep it.

0 voters

6 Likes
1 Like

Thanks I will vote in your topic I didn’t see it before. I will close this one.

I’m all for changing it to something else, considering we have Bulgars, who are slavic, and now we’re getting Bohemians and Poles.

But I don’t think changing it to Russians is right. Since the campaign is centered around Vlad Dracula during the Turkish occupation, it would only fit that they become Wallachians (aka romanians).

3 Likes

Rename one and all others will also want name changes.

2 Likes

I hope they do the same with Saracens and add more Arab empires.

3 Likes

Mamluks should definitely be added. Moors would also be a nice civ - they should be in the El Cid campaign.

This would give us 3 civs instead of Saracens civs - Mamluks, Moors and Saracens (or new name of this civ - Arabs).

1 Like

Change Saracens to Abbasid, add Fatamids and Moors.

3 Likes

It has begun 1111111

3 Likes

But rename in itself is not a bad thing and does not affect entertainment. It’s just a civ name …

3 Likes

For that reason: dont change anything regarding names.

2 Likes

No problem if they change a bunch when they release the DLC.

2 Likes

Exactly my thought. Only allow for name changes of umbrella civs that have been split up.

Hence people won’t use it as an excuse to ask for an infinite amount subfactions while maintaining a reasonable, non-overlapping terminology for well represented regions.

5 Likes
  1. Britons - English (this civ is based on the English, not the Britons, who had already succumbed to Anglo-Saxon raids in the early Middle Ages)
  2. Celts - Scots
  3. Goths - Saxons (this civ speaks Middle High German)
  4. Turks - Ottomans or name based on the Sultanate of Rum
  5. Huns - some people of Mongol origin that existed longer than the Huns
  6. Indians - Mughals
  7. Slavs - Ruthenians

Berbers - Moors
Saracens - Arabs
Italians - Lombards
Bulgarians - Bulgars
Vietnamese - Viets
Lithuanians - Balts

1 Like

You didn’t get. I am not a fan of adding more civs nor for break one ethnic people, but the devs did this, and because they did this, then they should fix what became a ridiculous thing after breaking the old system. Imagine a game 2v2 for example (Slavs, Poles, Bulgars and Bohemians) it is like a troll TBF, since all of them are SLAVS so one of them have Slavs name and others 3 different names?! It is just ridiculous. It is like having Saracens, Abbasids, Umayyads, Mamelukes, and Andalus Umayyadds at the same time which is ridiculous. I am not asking to break Turks or Saracens for example to change the name, I am asking to change the Slavs civ name AFTER they already broke the system

2 Likes

Then why do we have Italians and Sicilians?

1 Like

Siclians present the Normans more than anything in the game, and again, I am against any break of the ethnic people, but since the devs did this then they should fix what became wrong, and the Slavs civ name is wrong.

2 Likes

I think the civ Berbers should stay the same. They represent Maghreb.

Moors could stand as a separate civ representing the (Emirate, Caliphate) of Córdoba and the Emirate of Granada. They could also use another name - Granadans.

Oh yes

Great idea. I am also curious about other name ideas for Northern Italians.

Bulgarians should keep their name. They are already Slavic in AoE 2. The name you propose in this case does not make sense. This civ refers to the Bulgarian Empire, not the Turkic people.

Why?

I think it’s a good idea. Then everyone would know that this civ represents all Balts.

2 Likes

How about No to anything?

1 Like