Poll about which area of the world the playerbase wants more civs from

Here you have given your game bugs in Indian civ. It has nothing to do with the new civs. Besides, you are complaining about font problems in your language, but my language is not in the game at all …

The last link to the topic “Why Indians is the worst civilization in AoE2?” did not gain popularity and was immediately explained. He was liked only by those who are loud about India - that is, the loud minority in this forum.

1 Like

Sandy Petersen is also the guy that designed the mess that is the Mameluke, and took away Lances from the Knight line.

2 Likes

2 would be ideal like how Burma Khmer Malay represent SEA or China Korea Japan represent EA region.and it makes for an easy DLC just add wonders ui uu and maybe voices.Also india has lots of unique weapons for uu’s like the whip urumi sword gauntlet swords etc.

1 Like

If there was a DLC about India with two civs, it should be - Bengals and Dravidians. If three civs in the DLC then the third civ should be - Punjabis.

Another DLC on Asia could add Asian civs from different regions - Tibetans, Khitans, Siberians, Siamese and Khazars (Asian Forgotten Empires).

1 Like

The third Indian civ should be Kannada or Oriya, definitely not Punjabi. Punjabis were irrelevant.

1 Like

And many other inaccuracies or blunders i saw in his iinterview vid haha

2 Likes

Achievements based on what?

Far easier to just add civs based on power and time lasted, and population is power at some point

2 Likes

Influence on science, discoveries, technology, culture - general factors that influenced humanity.

1 Like

I dont think that your concept of achievements really applies well to this game tbh for multiple reasons.

Its a factor, sure, but at the end of the day its not a very fitting with the current civs either

2 Likes

The USSR won the defensive war with the Third Reich thanks to the fact that it had more soldiers than the enemy of cartridges - of course this is a joke;)

The great population is mostly weak undeveloped masses - a living shield. They simply flood the opponent with their numbers. This is their advantage. But most often they are technologically backward.

So from what you said, these civs will be primitive, but they would be predominant in numbers - cheap, weak, consuming a smaller number of populations. Probably these civs would have more variants of the Elephant unit; maybe one would be infantry…

My concept of achievement means influencing the history of mankind through civ.

Again: influencing mankind based on what? If you mean impacting humanity to this day I think your idea is flawed and honestly I think it is stupid since it will favour Europe and the near states only because of the British, the French, the Germans, the Americans and Russians doing so much stuff later, despite civs that influenced them more than for example Somalis being literal ants in the wider world.

If you want to look at influencing the history of mankind I think its a far smarter move to just focus on the influence on the period. Otherwise we wou

That goes for literally any country with farmer levies. Not even true for India since a large part if not most of the army were profesional soldiers.

Sorry, but I think this is an honestly dumb claim to make over India as a whole

1 Like

Where are you getting the number 9 from?

5 Likes

Yes
Punjabis fit better for AoE3 due to the Sikh Empire. Rest of the history they were mostly dominated by neighbouring civs:
In ancient age King Porus of Punjab fought Alexander, then Punjab came under control of Greek satrapies for a brief period. Mauryans took over the region. Then Kushans took over it. Then Guptas took over it. Then the Kashmiri Karkota Empire, Then Afghans, then Delhi Sultanate and finally it broke away from Delhi’s control to form Sultanate of Sirhind and Sultanate of Multan. Sikh religion was born during this period. Mughals took over the region and finally the sikhs revolted and formed the Sikh Empire.

Punjab is actually a semi-arid region but with fertile soil. It was difficult to till the dry soil with simple medieval era iron ploughs. It boomed to become an agricultural hub in recent late medieval age time periods when canal irrigation technology arrived.

Similar story for the Bengali Sundarban Delta. It was not navigable but once technology advanced it became densely populated. Early Bengali Empires like Palas had capital in North (City of Gauda) while later Bengal Sultanate then Mughals shifted its development focus on coast for facilitating Trade.

On the other hand both Karnataka and Orissa had many political entities with “Empire Status” and they remained independent throughout medieval age.

3 Likes

There are other interesting geographical changes as well that took place during medieval age.

Ceylon and Tamilakam were connected by a narrow strip of land passable on foot known as the Adam’s Bridge/Ram Setu until it broke in a cyclone in1480 AD.

The Rann of Kutch in Gujarat was almost completely underwater in early medieval age because indus river delta flooded the region. Overtime the river changed it’s course slightly, the water dried up in the region and the Salt Marsh became what it is now.

4 Likes

All achievements in Middle age thanks to Islamic influence :wink:

This is what you concluded from reading the Wikipedia article?

4 Likes

Most of the page is just pre Islam India…

2 Likes

Sandy Petersen’s opinion is irrelevant. He is the one that included umbrella civs in the first place.

3 Likes