[POLL] Battle Elephants to Indians, New civilizations, the worst Unique Unit, worst Secondary Unique Unit, worst Generic Unit, worst civilization

Kipchaks only need Steppe Husbandry

1 Like

he meant Elite Kipchaks maybe

it doesnt matter what he meant, the kipchak is certainly not the worst UUā€¦ the same guy voted for the CAā€¦ wth

1 Like

Honestly CA are not really great without any buff. It is easiert to play for foot archer, they are much more cost effective. Yeah I know more mobility but but not that effective against Pikes. But there are worst units like Steppe Lancers, too expensive and no reason for them if you can go for Knights.

Ballista Elephant are pretty strong, just like every range unit you need to mass them. And probably every Khmer Player go for elepahnt instead of Ballista Elephants, quite easier to mass.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no point in giving to indians, arguably the best arabia pocket atm, another strong cavarly option

4 Likes

Considering that not everybody uses this forum, I created a strawpoll in regards of new civs for AOE2:DE. Share it on as many places as possible.

2 Likes

75% of the voters there said yes.
Most players really do want more civs.

1 Like

Canā€™t say that with only few votes. It gets more representative with each vote.

2 Likes

I did not see it was only 10 votes.

These polls only reac few votes here in forums.

I would suggest to make a google forms or similar and publish here and in other sites like reddit.

1 Like

Iā€™ve posted it on the Steam forums and the official AOE Discord. Iā€™m not on Reddit. If somebody wishes to post it there, feel free to do so.

Can someone in reddit vote in the poll without an account of this forum? In that case i would post that.

If not, i suggest to make the google forms next time

1 Like

Thatā€™s the principle of Strawpoll. You can simply vote there without needing to login. The post might not get appreciated though considering that Reddit recently added a Poll option which works only for Reddit user. You can still try it out though.

1 Like

Ok. Posted here:

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/hqcgsm/poll_battle_elephants_to_indians_new/ that was an old postā€¦ the new one is this one:

We shall wait

It would have been better if you would have posted the strawpoll. Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry if I wasnā€™t clear. You canā€™t vote in the AOE2 forums without logging in, but you can vote in strawpolls.

Thanks. I erased that post and remade a new one with that link. See comment above.

You have to create the other polls for your thread.

Oh myā€¦

This is harder than i thought.

Delete and repost 11

1 Like

Granting BEs to Indians would also mean changing the stable architecture and few balance changes as well, so itā€™s quite unlikely to be considered, but I do really want Indians to be using elephants because they really played a great role in the wars in the regionā€™s history.
In my opinion the best option would be to buff the Elephant Archers to have melee attack as well , that would on one hand make it a more viable unit and on other hand make it historically accurate. Just imagine why would someone use an elephant in a war just as a vehicle? Elephant was the main weapon. Archers were secondary.

4 Likes