Poll - Can you beat the extreme AI?

With the constant inflation of player elo it’s hard to keep track of the skill level of different elo ranges. So to have some form of baseline for comparison it would be cool to know:

What’s your 1v1 matchmaking elo on DE and can you beat the DE extreme ai in over 50% of 1v1 arabia games with or without the use of ai exploits like tower rush and douching?

*Edit. Apparently a new account cannot make a poll. I’ll make the actual poll when allowed to do so.

2 Likes

Why did you call it a poll without adding a poll?

outdated poll stuff [poll type=regular results=on_vote chartType=bar]
  • No
  • Yes, On certain maps
  • Yes, On all maps
  • Yes, Multiple on some maps
  • Yes, Multiple on most maps
[/] [poll ][poll name=poll2 type=regular results=always chartType=bar]
  • I don’t play Matchmaking
  • 900 or less
  • 900-1100
  • 1100-1300
  • 1300-1500
  • 1500+
[/ [poll ]

Feel free to ignore either. There you go, OP

OP wants a specific kind of poll. Here’s how he wants the data represented:

Pick what option matches you best:
  • I’m unrated, and I can’t beat the Extreme AI usually
  • I’m < 800 ELO and I can’t beat the Extreme AI usually
  • I’m ~900 ELO and I can’t beat the Extreme AI usually
  • I’m ~1000 ELO and I can’t beat the Extreme AI usually
  • I’m ~1100 ELO and I can’t beat the Extreme AI usually
  • I’m > 1200 ELO and I can’t beat the Extreme AI usually
  • I’m unrated and I can beat the Extreme AI regularly
  • I’m < 800 ELO and I can beat the Extreme AI regularly
  • I’m ~ 900 ELO and I can beat the Extreme AI regularly
  • I’m ~ 1k ELO and I can beat the Extreme AI regularly
  • I’m ~ 1100 ELO and I can beat the Extreme AI regularly
  • I’m < 1200 ELO and I can beat the Extreme AI regularly

0 voters

For those that can:
  • I’m below 1k and can do it with very specific strategies
  • I’m below 1k and I can do it without specific strategies
  • I’m above 1k and can do it with very specific strategies
  • I’m above 1k and I can do it without specific strategies
  • I don’t play rated games, but I can beat the AI with very specific strategies
  • I don’t play rated games but I can beat the AI without specific strategies.
  • I can’t, but I wanted another poll button to hit.

0 voters

4 Likes

I intended to but could not find any option to add my intended poll so I asumed it wasn’t possible. How do I add a poll on these forums?

1 Like

when you compose a message on the forum, there’s the red bar of buttons on the top of the message box. The cog on the right has spoiler boxes and poll options inside.

1 Like

I played ranked 1vs1 more than 2 months ago where I was 1102. What should I answer?

Do I look like a pollster to you?

1 Like

funny how 900-1100 has the smallest part here even though thats the biggest part in overall player numbers in the game

“I don’t play matchmaking” is also 1000 elo, so that’s additive to that, but yeah, the number should be higher. Sampling bias be like that.

Rule number 1 of poling. Never trust a poll completely. People are biased.

I have this thing on my foot, could you look at it for me? /jk

Do I have to have an enhanced account for that? When I click the cog it does nothing. The only option is “hide details” which puts in some text in the message but nothing about polls

I think it’s awarded after some duration of time on the forums as an anti-spam measure.

At some point a bot will message you with an interactable conversation which’ll teach you all the stuff. You may very well not have all the options now, I don’t know.

2 Likes

To be honest, the extreme AI is the best AI I have ever played against. Sure it is vulnerable against early agression, but late game it can produce unit non stop. The best, is that it doesn’t have huge bonus like most AI in strategy games.

Best part is that the theoretical cealing for the ai is still so much higher than its current level, especially in the very early game. A cautious gues would be that the DE AI is currently in the low 900’s on 1v1 arabia and could definatly get to 1200 and probably much higher :slight_smile: Feel free to check out the aiscripters forum on https://forums.aiscripters.com/ or our discord channel if you wanna try other ai’s

There’s no chance the Extreme AI is under 1k. I’ll rag on it a ton for being generally bad in whatever situation you put it in but it’s solid even if underachieving. Mr. “Austrailian AOE 3 player” has shown you really don’t need to be very good in terms of tactics or execution to beat the average player, and while I wouldn’t be surprised if he could beat the Extreme AI, it’d put up a lot more of a fight than most of his placement match opponents.

I ran my poll on aoezone. Not a single player above 1K lost to it

Would you consider posting my actual poll since I still havent been granted the option? :slight_smile:

How many options can a poll have on this forum?

AOEzone is not the average player. Practically everyone who uses the AOEzone forums came from Voobly, and Voobly practically consisted of only players who were very solid, since setting up Voobly back in HD days was more work than the casual crowd was willing to put in.

It’s generally been understood that the AOEzone crowd (formerly voobly crowd) was significantly higher level on average than the Steam playerbase and that largely holds true today.

I can, sure. I’ll scrap those two polls and replace it.

don’t bloat the forums I’ll PM you.

Never trust some polls. Some are scientific.

The Barbarian AI would be the best i have ever seen. I also think its level is much higher then the current AI.

There, the poll is updated so the OP will maybe be more happy with it’s layout. OP should edit the thread title so as to make it known that the poll is (updated!)