[Poll] Create new subforum "Balancing and Civilizations"

Thats true man.
And that’s what we see in this forum 1111

3 Likes

And at the same time go and see some other suggestions here form 1.5 and 1.6 players, one proposed Leitis as anti camel right??

Oh boy, bonus vs one kind of unit is still way better than general bonus against all kind of units, but you probably can’t understand how balance works, keep making fun of that, you just demonstrates all you lack.

I was 1.9k-2k voobly and just a 1700 on de cause i don’t really play 1x1, but what about you? do you mind to share ur elo with us?

Against basically just like less than 20% of the civs

Can someone, who voted “no”, elaborate why they don’t like the idea?

So, we got our expert speaking here?11

I usually wouldn’t call people out on false information they gave bc everyone can have brainfarts here or there. But since you are not only claming you know you best but also constantly insulting people: You once said that aztecs gather food slower due to their higher carry capacity and therefore have some hidden farming to make up for that while having the slowest foragers in the game. Which is total bs obviously. And that’s just one example. Showing good knowledge of the game doesn’t work by claiming my elo is xx but by making sound arguments, giving correct information and so on.

I agree with the idea that we need this forum more organized. It is super annoying seeing more important issues needing fixing or balance suggestions drowned out by a minority talking about next DLC or some campaign inaccuracy lol. The listing ELO / tagging account before making balance suggestions is a good idea imo

You should smoke and relax, aztecs actually recollect food slower than any other civ in the early game due the extra carry, that is why they used to have free loom to compensate the idle time on AOC balance, on DE that was changed but well after 10 years players figured it out to drop the food early to keep the vill queue.

I never claimed to be an expert, you have some inferiority issues, that guy i replied was pretending to make fun of one random old proposal, without even understanding why, he isn’t even an active ranked player so whatever you are free to join to his club.

I’m not sorry about that at all

Shall we stick to the main subject of this thread, instead of making this into another balance change thread?

1 Like

I agree man, but there is always people who feels offended by no reason, like if separating the balance/civ topics to another subforum would censure their free speech.

People who think that this suggestion leads to censure of free speech dont understand the idea. This thread is about organizing the forum more clearly.

Now we have the following structure:

Discussion
Report a bug
Modding
Ask for Help

In this suggestion change this to:

Discussion
Report a bug
Modding
Ask for Help
Balance en civilizations

So all threads about balance and new civs and thinks like these are still welcome on this forum. They will even have a dedicated part of the forum. I have no idea why people see this as censure of their free speech.

3 Likes

I think this will even improve these discussion :stuck_out_tongue:

So we are at 70 votes and 77% voted for the addition of the subforum.
Is there someone managing the forum, who we can inform about this?
Maybe it happens.

@anon63664082 you know something?

1 Like

This would basically remove 80 percent of the posts here. Nobody’s talking about tournaments here and there’s a dedicated section for Bug reports. What would be left?

1 Like

Interesting idea! This will make the forum better to dicuss and separate different topics from each others.

1 Like

How about discussions about the actual game issues, like the point trading, the alt f4 issues, then you can ask/discuss about quality life features, ask for performance/UI/lobbies/ladders improvements, path finding, chat filter, etc.

The game is not only about balance or new civilizations, in fact the multiplayer community are not interested in more civs or more civs that breaks the balance, we want a steady and a DEFINITIVE game edition, playable with minimal bugs or exploits with the devs focused in the multiplayer experience.

We have a common AOE big cheater playing over and over, i can keep saying things that really demands devs attention.

2 Likes

Like @SouMexican already mentioned: There are lots of other things that are already discussed in this subforum, but dont get the attention they need because of all these (in my opinion) mostly useless balance threads and new civs threads. Having a special place for these discussion would benefit the forum. People who like balance threads and new civs, have their own place, while other idea also get the space they require. Now it looks a big mess. A clean forum is much better then a messy forum.

1 Like

It would be nice if someone the forum moderation can tell us, if this change is desired and easy to do.

There is and his name is @DodoNotDoDo. I think this is the hundredth time I’m tagging him. 11