[ Poll ] First thing you gonna do when this game comes out

What will you do first when the game releases.
  • Tutorial + Campaign
  • Skirmish matches against AI / Friends
  • Multiplayer - Ranked
  • Multiplayer - Unranked
  • Scenario Editor

0 voters

For me personally i’ll do the tutorial + campaign first.
Depends also a bit if you already got hands on the beta so you know the game a bit better and probably gonna start somewhere else.

Kinda curious what people will do first. Lets vote !

2 Likes

Make an easy 4v4 rich michi map or good choke point map to play with others online. Or some sort of Diplomacy map.

2 Likes

A diplo map, yes, that would be a good starting game

Campaign and skirmish

1 Like

campaigns and skirmish

1 Like

Where is “Scenario Editor”?

3 Likes

added it for you :slight_smile: . But it resetted my poll lol xD

1 Like

Tutorial + campaign first.

Potentially skirmish afterwards but I fear the replayability might be low with the small number of civilisations initially available. Guess we’ll see what the plans are post-release.

For sure do the tutorial and campaign! :slight_smile:

Hopefully they will release physical Collector Editions as well, and I will be spending a while checking its contents first, if I manage to buy one of those before others :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope there will be modding support for the game.

1 Like

Imo it’ll be more reaplayable than Aoe2 after a couple DLCs. With only 5 less civs than Aoe2 at launch when they are trying to make them more unique from eachother is pretty good I think

1 Like

I am also one for the scenario editor.

1 Like

Straight into Multiplayer. I never play the campaign in any RTS - the real game is 1v1.

Playing against the computer seems a bit pointless to me - maybe it will be better in the future when we have an Alphastar level AI.

4 Likes

It isn’t pointless when u are new to a game

3 Likes

If the goal is to get good at the game then it is better to play 1v1. Practice from campaign or playing against computer is not as efficient as playing against a real opponent. If you play against the AI you also develop bad habits since you get away with things that does not work against a real opponent.

1 Like

Yes, lets play 1v1 when you are a noob, get crushed, and ragequit. Playing against the AI has always been the way to get better. You only ever develop bad habits if you start doing bad habits in the first place. You obviously haven’t played against age2 DE extreme AI if you think that playing against AI can’t help you get better.

they said there will be modding support for the game, but unsure about the limit, let’s hope it will include the ability of adding new civs and even overhauling the game, these kind of mods always gives replayability to the game.

1 Like

I played 20.000 AOE2 games on then Zone 20 years ago.
Then I have played SC2 the last 10 years.

I have never heard of any good RTS players that practice against the AI. Maybe if you try out a new build order.

But if you are new to RTS and know nothing about build orders, setting up your hotkeys, managing multiple control groups etc. then a few AI practice games to learn the very basics can be good.

this guy here >Gustank04 thinks there are more people that play this game against the AI only than there are playing against other players