[Poll] Graphic update

Some people wants more realistic graphics. Ok, there could be a little more detail for example. I have 16GB RAM laptop ( and an even better desktop ) so I have no problem . So yes, I am from these that I would like this idea also.

At the same time, I know that for me at least, better graphics does not mean anything. They are already great. So I don’t know if it is better for the game to have better graphics ( and I don’t speak about Manor Lords which are useless graphics in my opinion for a RTS ) and ask for 16RAM. I suspect this is the question the developers had to answer…

2 Likes

Ship and sc is just the most “funny” example.
House are lower than paladin, houses cannt fit 5 villagers(10 for some civs). Sure u can find some other examples(mb less indicative).

I dont agree to comparison with aoe2. Cause it’s too “unrealistic” in some aspects. U can ask for proportions as u like… just compare it with aoe2 - super strange(imho)

PS sc2 and wc3 as examples of real RTS. have similiar disproportions.

1 Like

I love AOE 2 for it’s unit to building scale.

I love AOE 3 for it’s unique units and cultural looking villagers. Thats what I don’t like about AOE2. How all units look like the same culture no matter what civ you’re playing. Mods help in AOE 2 at least.

I love AOE 1 for it’s iconic feel and theme. I think it’ll always be the most “Age of Empires” of any Age game. The iconic Wololo. The sounds of the units. The cheat codes. The elephants.

I hope Age 3 combines these 3 elements for me personally. Nice scale and look to units/buildings, each civilization looks unique and with some cultural accuracy, and that the game fits the Age theme properly.

A Paladin is low than a House, (at diference than AoE4.)
captura

A House yes could have 5 persons (Not each with her room but in middle age this was usually), but this would be other aspect. When you see the houses you dont see that they are unproportionate. Its possible that proportions wont be 100% acurate but are far to AoE4.

Where is the Paladin in that image :sweat_smile:?

Actually, for competitive play you can’t decrease unit size too much - it will make microing individual units like archers/skirms impossible. In warcraft reforged we saw how great models with great detail work - nobody plays with the new graphics - it’s a lot too hard to differentiate units. Tbh all of that won’t matter at all for the success of the game - it will be all about the gameplay. Because of that we can’t judge the success of the game yet. I rly want to see the Beta :stuck_out_tongue:.

Refering to the Mongol picture: People also tend to forget that a tents usually have one floor - being as high as a rider isn’t that unrealistic for a tent like structure: being of a height ~2,7m if we got a big warhorse 1,8m + 0.9m (male sitting human)

2 Likes

You have not a Paladín but have a light cavalry that is as tall as a Paladín.

If you are saying me that this horrible proportions are te only form to indetify the units sorry but no. The relation units-buildings are not the only problem, buildings between themself arent proportionate.

You can see in the reddit post that i shared how with buildings 20% larger you can perfectly identify every units.

Ok, I myself am mostly OK with the game and tbh I just voted beautiful for landscapes because for me this is the first time that landscaping looks good considering the earth terraforming.

Ships are just awful to my eyes water needs more love ships definitely need more love animation and graphics wise.

And at last, gotta say I want somewhat realistic proportions, If there houses in game, I prefer not to see a man on a horse or even an elephant larger that the house, IF they are bigger than tents and huts I’m totally fine but if they are going to be larger than houses games gonna look somewhat more unrealistic than I perfer it to be.

1 Like