[Poll] Should some civilizations be reworked?

I thought the same, but I couldn’t find a civ that specialized on infantry that is not covered by what we have now.
I suppose that subsaharian african kingdoms and tribal people relied a lot in infantry, with higher numbers instead of better tech or weaponry as a vehicle for victory, so the concept could work for a Bantu, Swahili, Zimbabwean civ.
There is little information on those peoples’ warfare available on the internet, so my research didn’t throw many results. Maybe I’m just talking b*llsh *t.

1 Like

im sorry i really dont want to be mean, im just saying what my immediate perception was when i opened this thread… its like the literal definition of TLDR

i have no idea what you actually want to have done because your post(both) is so long (and reads as one big sentence) and you beat around the bush so much i cannot spend the time to read the entire thing

i agree civs should have work done to fix them for balance, i agree civs should have some work done to help them thematically

but i have no idea what you expect the devs to do about it or who is going to PAY for the kind of overhaul i can only guesss you are eluding to with a vote option of “rework for history”…

I would like to sieze this comment to share with you all an indian redesign I’m working on to implement as a mod I would like to make a few months in the future. It’s mainly for playing the prithviraj campaign.
I know there is an indian BE mod, but it just plain add BEs to the civ without proper rebalancing, so I’ll try with my own one. Numbers are succeptible to be modified.

So, here it is:

Indians
Elephants and gunpowder civ

• Aging up spawns 1/3/5 villagers in feudal/castle/imperial age.
  • Building a town center spawn 3 villagers.
    (I tried to make their economy a bit weaker but still reflecting they high population
    theme. But maybe I ended up causing the opposite. I’m bad with exact numbers
    )
  • Fishermen work 10% faster
    (A remanent from the current design. Might as well be removed)
  • Chemistry and hand cannoneer available from castle age.
    (It’s still an expensive and slow to research tech. You may better go to imperial with those
    resources
    )
  • Battle elephant line created 20% faster.

Unique unit: Elephant archer (no changes)
Unique techs: Sultas and Shagatani (no changes)

Team bonus. Monasteries cost 100 wood less.

Tech tree (without going in much details):

• Infantry: No squires.
  • Archery: No arbalest. No bodkin arrow. No ring archer armor.
  • Cavalry: No cavalier. No husbandry.
  • Siege: No siege ram. No onager. No heavy scorpion.
  • Monks: Full upgraded.
  • Navy: just fine. Not to strong.
  • University and economics: I have not thought about these ones yet. But they may have to be kind of lackluster to balance their villager bonus.

What I try is to make them a strong but slow push civ with elephants. Their archer line is bad, for them not to counter halbs. You would have to wait to late castle/imperial to get hand cannoneers.

I would like to hear some reviews, mainly about the concept of the civ as a whole.

1 Like