- The current system as it is without any changes (1 ban amongst 9 maps)
- The current system as it is, but with the number of bans increased to between 2-4
- The current system as it is, but with the number of bans increased to between 5-7
- Opt-in/Infinite ban system i.e. only play the map(s) you want (even if it is just one map e.g. Arabia, Arena, Black Forest etc.)
- Separate ranked map pools based on map type e.g. Open maps, Closed Maps, Hybrid Maps, Water Maps, Clown Fiesta Maps etc., with a small limited number of bans per pool
- A ranked lobby where players can come together and negotiate on maps before playing together
The devs have just released a small update which changes the ranked map pool again, and this time it does seem they have implemented maps which the community prefer. However, I still think that the majority of the community is dissatisfied with the current system which leads to players hitting Alt-F4 whenever they get a map they hate and would otherwise be forced to play it.
Therefore I think it’s really important for the devs to know what system players would actually prefer, since many people are obviuously not happy with the current system. I have put choices in based on what I have observed seem to be the most popular types of system people have been requesting here.
If anyone has suggestions/additions/improvements to text etc., please let me know, and I might edit .