[Poll] Would you like to be able to build doors on the trade route after the imperial era in the standard game, or at least in the treaty mode?

Recently some changes were made to the decan map to make it more competitive in the treaty. Apparently many people have not liked the changes in trade routes.

I believe that building gates on trade routes would not require many changes to the maps to be viable in the treaty. It’s a simple code change that I think would improve late game defenses a lot.

Also on reddit by other person:

There is also a mod if you want to try it: Mods Single - Age of Empires

What would be ideal is that the cursor automatically assigns a door on the route, but the mod generates the normal wall. Make the gates yourselves.

This would be great lakes with a wall on the route:

4 Likes

how to cope:

start in nomad

choose maps without trade routes or ones that do not effect base

use map editor to make treaty friendly maps.

I’m asking for it for the treaty or extended games, not for the early games.

I am asking for maps with trade routes, that is the point of my request.

I want it in competitive and in normal games. You talk as if the treaty cannot be played competitively.

I don’t see why locking up a route TP would give an “overwhelming” advantage over the opponent. For the monopoly?

Native Settlement TPs can be locked down, and for the late game they are more relevant than Trade Route TPs. you can also declare monopoly with etos too.

1 Like

Yes please. No reason why not.

If people have problems in walls (esp. in Treaty), maybe they the walls themselves need a minor rework. I’d also personally like to be able to build both wood and stone walls with a distinct difference in HP, cost and build time.

I’ll reply to revive the topic.

Stone walls should cost coins and 50-75% less wood.

But it was in the old game, not the definitive edition. I don’t remember where to find it because it was a long time ago, but I think it was in heaven-games.