Polls;- African Continent and the AoE IV

African continent was known as ‘Scramble Africa’. Historically Africa was a battleground for all European powers there were English, French, Spanish, Portuegese, Dutch… All racing for their supermacy against each other espically the race against acquiring larger coastline terroritories. In the world war eras, it was race between Axis and Allied forces.

How many off you agree Africa fit for AoE IV???

3 Likes

Yes, though not just Africa.

1 Like

You’re right but right now I’m just conducting polls for the AoE future franchises.

Africa needs to be well represented no matter what era AoE4 is set in.

4 Likes

If you are doing poll, can be nice these will be correct format.

Options> build poll

1 Like

@AndyPXIII
No it does not, at all. It’s usually left out for a reason so stop the Wakandan bs.

2 Likes

That reason is affirmatively not because there are no worthy civilizations in Africa. AoE has always whitewashed history in its civ selections.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about that. Mesoamerican , Far Asian , Indian, Mesopotamia, Persia…
they are not Europeans Germanic or Eurpeans Latin (meditteraneans).

1 Like

AoE civs:
Phoenicians
Egyptians
Assyrians
Sumerians
Babylonians
Persians
Hittites
Shang
Choson
Yamato
Carthaginians
Palmyrians

AoE2 civs:
Aztecs
Berbers
Burmese
Chinese
Ethiopians
Huns
Incas
Indians
Japanese
Khmer
Koreans
Malay
Malians
Mayans
Mongols
Persians
Saracens
Turks
Vietnamese

AoE3 civs:
Ottomans
Aztecs
Iroquois
Sioux
Japanese
Indians
Chinese

AoE3 minor civs and mercenaries:
Carib
Cherokee
Comanche
Cree
Inca
Maya
Nootka
Seminole
Tupi
Apache
Cheyenne
Huron
Klamath
Mapuche
Navajo
Zapotecs
Bhakti
Sufi
Udasi
Mamelukes
Manchu
Barbary Corsair

Tell me what exactly has the AoE series been whitewashing here?

3 Likes

Is your definition of whitewashing a list of civilisations?

2 Likes

AoE has a long history of launching with European civs and relegating other continents to expansion pack afterthoughts. AoC and AoE3 are good examples of this.

4 Likes

Is not Egypt the start of AOE in Africa ?

in AOE3 you guys ignored Africa. In AOE4 I hope they enter as a pro civilization Playable after 1945 like Asia

Instead of classification like dutch, portugese etc we must classify AOE4 with region based civs

North American full
East Europe (Soviet Bock) full
West Europe (Celtic warmongers) full
British commonwealth full
Far East Asia

Pro
South Asia
East Asia
Latin America
Africa
Mideast
Island nations(Sea People)

1 Like

Nor Celts or Germanics… in AoE.
Greeks (Macedonians) and Romans… when aok was released was focus in Europa and Asia.

1 Like

NO.
all factions doesn’t fight for same side.

1 Like

America were only 3 Empires at that timeframe maybe more if we considered other Non Aztec Mexican factions.

Asia starting best as America. Oceania haven’t any…

1 Like

Indeed it got much better since The Forgotten DLC and other newer DLC’s for AOE 2 & 3.

1 Like

I rather have even more civilisations with their own culture and empires in this game. Especially if it leads to exciting new game play, units and buildings. Then you could classify them in their original region and balance out each and every civ in those regions a little bit different based on their own specialities.

5 Likes