[Polls] Post Dawn of the Dukes Euro DLCs

I think the discussion srbnems wanted to start is interesting but it has some issues, so here is my version. This is under the assumption that we’re getting a new DLC post DotD which includes new civs. There’s some confusion if the Caucasus belongs or doesn’t belong to Europe so I’ve made a differentation on that regard too. This is not about discussing if the game should get new civs or not.:

Would you like the next DLC post DotD to focus on Europe (not including Caucasus)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you like any DLC post DotD to focus on Europe (not including Caucasus)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you like the next DLC post DotD to focus on Europe (including Caucasus)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you like any DLC post DotD to focus on Europe (including Caucasus)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I put No for the first question then 3x Yes.

I’d like the next DLC to be Caucuses (Armenians & Georgians) without excluding the possibility for more Eastern European civs: Wallachians (Vlachs), Serbs & Croatians.

Maybe afterwards there could be DLC for Swiss & Venetians, but I’d like to see more African/Asian civs first before those 2.

7 Likes

I would really like to see Armenians & Georgians.
They’re a very distinct cultural groups that have no analogous civs in AOE2.
Saying that Byzantines represent them is too far of a stretch.

Georgia has a lengthy and impressive medieval history and Cilician Armenia would be a great representative for the Crusader States.

7 Likes

I really dont like people who want to exclude some opinion out of a thread. I just share my opinion and it is up to each user to agree or disagree, as long as you just have respect for a different opinion as yours.

I dont like new civs. Many new civs are just a thirteen in a dozen civ (which wont really add anything to the game) or they are terrible designed with gimmicks to make them sort of special. I dont really like both. It just feels like we have reach the maximum number of civs for this game.

Ok, we all know you don’t want new civs.

2 Likes

Europe already has by far the best representation of all the continents despite being the smallest one and having far far less power than Asia. And Africa isnt far behind Europe in power but they have only three civs.

Honestly I think that after a looong time adding more Euro civs will make sense but by then we can ask this question again. However, until then, no we dont need more Euro civs

4 Likes

lol we all already know what you want, bt its funny how you go to every thread and say the same thing again and again… at this point i think nobody even care what you say

4 Likes

Well you cant just brush the opinion of not wanting more civs off…there certainly are negative effects to it.
The more civs are added the less attention the single civ and its boni get (I personally find it very fun to play underdog strats with certain boni or use them in different ways) i doubt that many of the people that demand new civs have fully used the existing ones…
Also the more civs are added the more they overlap each other in specialization (like not another cav civ again)
So there clearly is the risk of doing the opposite you want…making the civs equalize more and more

1 Like

I somewhat agree that there may be some reasons to not add more civs, but its just going to happen. Theres no way of stopping it

What is a ‘boni’. I keep seeing that word around but it is not even a word as far as I know.

boni is another way of saying bonuses, as in civ bonuses

Tbh you could have just named the third and fourth poll “Do you want a Caucassus DLC next time?” and “Do you want to have a Caucassus DLC at all?”

5 Likes

Will do next time. Can’t change it anymore.

1 Like

Np, just talking about how it works in practice

2 Likes

Dude, OP literally said this wasn’t about discussing whether or not there should be new DLC or not, so if that’s your opinion you should create a different topic instead of bringing it up in threads where the opinion is completely irrelevant (because it adds literally nothing to the topic at hand)
Again, your opinion is valid, but irrelevant to the thread, so make your own discussion thread on the topic or just don’t bring it up at all

2 Likes

Just saying… be careful what you wish for,
also there certainly will be an end to it because the game concept has limits. the last attempt of the devs to widen that with a new unit failed quite bad

I think everybody can agree on the fact that you cant introduce new civs indefinetely

For me personally the matter of a new civ is mainly about whether it will have interesting and somewhat unique mechanics/place among the other civilizations.

I mean we don’t really need a new civ that just copies another one but has let’s say African architecture instead of European… that’s just completely wasted dev time that could be used somewhere else where its more needed → for example a reconnect feature.

As for civs… I would like to see Byzantians reworked instead of a new civ, but if we have to choose, I would go with splitting the Vikings or the Caucasus

In my next suggestion thread i will also add the disclaimer: “You may only reply to this thread if you agree with my suggestion, post who disagree with the suggestion are forbidden”. Seems like the best statement to have a fruitful discussion and i am sure everyone who replies will love my idea.

This thread is about which civ should be added in the next DLC? My answer to that question is none. It is also pretty funny to me that many players think that the latest two civs are the worst designed civs (See: What are the worst designed Civs in your opinion? (You can select five anwsers), both new civs are really high on the list), mainly due to their gimmicky design.

If the devs decides to add new civs, then they really need to make sure they new civs arent as badly designed as the last civs (based on that thread i think we can conclude that is the general opinion about the new civs).

Sharing this opinion is relevant for the discussion about new civs for DLCs, which is the subject of this thread. So i have really no idea what the issue is about sharing my relevant opinion.

1 Like

I think the devs wobt stop until the 48th civ. I would prefer to have bettee modding but oh well.

Either way just because the last DLCs have poorly designed covs doesnt mean theresva lot of good bonuses yet to use

2 Likes

Always a need for MOAR civs. I would like to have a random Civ generator in game.

Some of the current civs need a bit tweaks.