[Polls] With regards to new civs II

If you think the English aren’t represented in the game already, then gosh, do I have news for you. 22-year-old news…

10 Likes

I think hes mentioning English because he finds that the current civ represents the Walish.

But honestly I think its better to just keep Britons alone

1 Like

To be honest, I considering the Frisians, Flemish and Dutch being represented by Burgundians fine.

2 Likes

To be honest, I personally agree with you. But, for the sake of the discussion, I was talking about my take on which of the three it should be if the devs do decide to go for one in the AOE2 timeline. Flemish are definitely out, to the point they have a unit under the Burgundians. The Dutch were pretty much the same as the Flemish, petty duchies and counties that were first vassals of the Franks, then subjects of the Vikings, then subordinate to the Burgundian Dukes. The Frisians imo would have the best shot at being an included civ out of the three, seeing as they at least had a decent window of independence under the Frisian Freedom and were considered a decently influential regional group of people across the Middle Ages with their trading prowess, their mercenaries, and their pirates.

1 Like

Well, that’s odd. I can’t see anything about the civ design that is more Welsh than English. Britons are pretty clearly based on England and Wales after the Norman Conquest, and especially during the Hundred Years’ War. I’d say they’re probably the most historically accurate civ in the game. The only thing I’d change about them is their Wonder, which, to the trained eye at least, is unfortunately not a good likeness of a medieval English cathedral.

I suppose perhaps by “English” he means Anglo-Saxons. But there’s no point in adding an Anglo-Saxon civ: they’d either be horribly underpowered or very historically inaccurate, so why bother?

2 Likes

Also I guess lomgbows, the sheep bonus fits Welsh pretty well and actual Englisj. Although tbh I agree with everything you said, I think that the name of the civ may have made him belireve that they represent the Welsh better since he thinks something similar about Teutons

This would work better as a separate topic.

2 Likes

A mi me gustaria ver a los escoceses pero no celtas sino escocia

Then you would have to remake the tutorial which is a part of the legacy game.

4 Likes

And the civ is pretty much the Scots 11

4 Likes

Why not Albanians or Romanians?

Considering we know that Porto is an Indian expansion and I didn’t want to recreate this thread from scratch, here’s a post Porto DLC request thread which leaves as many regions to vote as you want.

I hope Caucasians is next, I want my darn Georgians, they are the most distinct group with high relevance in the medieval period not to be represented

Like, the Tamerlane campaign represents them with Persians… PERSIANS
It’s like representing the Vikings with Spanish lmao

1 Like

If they’re not going to add new architecture sets which seems to be the case, I’d much prefer if they’d add some civs to the sets which have the least amount right now.

An African expansion fixing some of the most glaring issues in some of the campaigns we have would be nice e.g. adding Swahili and Hausa.

Not to mention that Africa and America are a popular pick for the next DLC:

7 Likes

Honestly, even if they use the really innacurate middle eastern architecture I’d still want Georgians to be in the game

More African civs is a close second to me, we do need more of those, but I’m not a big fan of more American civs, I think there’s maybe room for the Chimú (A naval American civ would be cool) and maybe another Central American one like the Tlaxcalans or Zapotecs (Not sure what their deal would be) but not a fan of trying to add things like the Mississippians, Iroquois or Mapuche, which are cool civs, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think they fit AoE2 for timeline or technological imbalance reasons (Not to mention they’d need new architecture sets)

2 Likes

I really appreciate what the devs did for the Indian civs, and I hope that they could do the same for the civs in East and SE Asia.

1 Like

I guess you mean the Siamese/Thai and the Chams? there’s not much more, the area is pretty well represented

Ehhhhh I think you are kinda wrong. Tbh South East Asia in the middle ages was with such variety and had so many diferent peoples at play you could easily add like 5 more

Examples? (20 Characters)

Mon, Javanese, Brunei, Filipinos, Shan, Lao in additions to the ones you mentioned

Tbh I dont think we need them but theres certainly q lot going on there