Possible QS solution - what do you think?

I think we can all agree that having QS alone for rank games has its upsides and downsides.

I also think that going back to ranked lobbies even if it’s just for team games will pretty much kill the qs for team games and will be a negative in the long term (bad experience for new players getting kicked by host, manipulating elo to your advantage, creates an exclusive environment where the same players play each other etc…).

But QS had its downsides too…in particular when there is a small community based game like aoe3 or depending on your rank or the time of day you play etc… where there is not enough players to match a fair ranked game.

So what can we do to solve this? How can qs work when forced to match a non balanced teams or even in 1v1 and still allow players to be challenged and still have an enjoyable experience?

How about have some meta challenges in the game based on the disparity of elo in the game?

So for example let’s say a 1700+ elo player was matched vs a 1300+ player…in the game each player is notified of the extra elo points to be gained by beating or surving within a time limit?

So for example the 1700 elo player might be given until the 15 min Mark to beat the 1300 elo player to gain 5 extra all points and the reverse for the 1300 player where they have to survive by 15 min to gain 5 elo points.

The time when they have to win can vary depending on the disparity of the elo…and should only be activated if there is enough disparity on the elo.

One fundamental change in the game has to occur however…and that is victory can be achieved by not only the opposition resigning…but also when the disparity of score reaches a certain threshold (e.g score is 3x disparity after a certain time has lapsed)

What do you think? Feedback on why it can work or why it won’t work?

That’s a pretty bad idea to put a time out on AOE3… You will just see people hiding vills everywhere to survive until the time out. ^^ + it’s not fun.

For me there’s only one solutions which is the following one :slight_smile:

-> elo rating for QS

-> old rank system for lobbies

If really they don’t want to add rank in lobbies, at least add the host elo on the menu, so we know what we join.

But that’s why I mentioned that victory can be achieved by not only the opposition resigning…but also when the disparity of score reaches a certain threshold (e.g score is 3x disparity after a certain time has lapsed)

That will stop the hiding vills shenanigans…and I think in general will be a better experience for every1 especially in games where it is over but a player refuses to resign