Postindustrial Game Setting not consistent (DM Mode)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 24632
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The postindustrial setting (used in DM) has some bugs and is inconsistent.

British:
Gets access to guard pikemen (bug). Either it s researched or it shouldnt be reseachable (techtree doesnt say, that brits have access to guard pikes)

Sweden: veteran crossbows are not upgraded

Haudeno Card: “Old ways”, is a bit like advanced arsenal of european civs (advanced arsenal techs are always researched in postindustrial). But with old ways, the techs still need to be researched
Same for Lakota Card: “New ways”

Big buttons of Native civs, which do give upgrades and not crates/units, should be reasearched from the start. Those are the following:
Aztec:
Founder (Comerce Plaza Big button)

Haudeno:
Siege Drill (Siege Workshop big button)
Cooperation (Tribal Marketplace bb)
Secret Society (Commerce Plaza)
Lacrosse (War Hut)
Rawhide Covers (dock)

Inca:
Hualcana (War Hut)
COCA Cultivation (Estate)

Lakota:
Horsemanship (Farm)
Bonepipe ARmor (Corral)
cooperation (Tribal Marketplaze )
Gun Trade (estate)
Battle Anger (Community Plaza)
War Drums (war hut)
Flaming Arrows (dock)

China:
Russia Buildings still need to be upgraded (Fort, blockhouse, factory) while europeans dont have to upgrade them.

Japan:
Arsenal and church upgrades needs to be researched (also golden pavilion upgrades). Europeans dont need to do that

In a similar way it is weird, that asian civs start with 0 export (they are the worst civs in DM). They should probably start with around 2-5k to get going. Remember, asian civs also dont have access to wonders.

USA: Bill of rights tech shouldnt be researched/ Should be reasearchable in Postindustrial setting (1500 xp tech in “Meeting House”)
“Cadets” (Capitol Technology: General gains 1000 hitpoints) is an age 5 tech (according to tech tree) but can be researched in postindustrial setting.

The Immigration Problem: Immigrants (+100 Population space, faster train time) is completely inconsistent. USA starts the game with immigrants being researched. Natives/asians can research it. And european civs cant research it (since they cant build capitol)

Inca Card "American Allies (the one where you can choose native allies in the embassy) doesnt allow the techs to be researched. Also for Mapuche only the bola riders can be trained (dont know if thats intended)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game in postindustrial setting with the civs
  2. some techs are not researched

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Techs being researched and consistent

4 Likes

Good day CitingPepper233,

The British are supposed to have access to Guard Pikemen and also Imperial Pikemen.
I have forwarded your suggestions about the “Old ways” card and the Asian export start to our balance team.
We’re now tracking the rest of your post, thank you for taking the time to research all of it.

2 Likes

I have added some things i realized when i finally got the chance to play USA. Also the Lakota do have a similar card (advanced arsenal) like the haudeno. I ve also added that to the post.
Thanks for caring about the small but dedicated DM community! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Again something i noticed: Immigrants (+100 Population space, faster train time) is completely inconsistent. USA starts the game with immigrants being researched. Natives/asians can research it. And european civs cant research it (since they cant build capitol)

Also Added the Inca Card American allies, which doesnt allow the native techs to be researched ( as the card states )

Thanks for the report this is nos being tracked too

3 Likes