Pre-order and Beta Access Update

So Pre-ordering is now required in order to get into the beta. So this explain why i didn’t get an invitation yet huh…

@ObachuX said:
So Pre-ordering is now required in order to get into the beta. So this explain why i didn’t get an invitation yet huh…

Nope,they still picking if you didn’t . But if you want test the beta you can pay for that.

I’m still waiting for the beta…

I pre ordered the game, signed up as an insider, got the email, have the game in the xbox app, but the link in the windows store won’t finish the download. It stopped at 15gig and pops up with an error saying the game couldnt be installed at this time.

@JediJoe84 said:
I pre ordered the game, signed up as an insider, got the email, have the game in the xbox app, but the link in the windows store won’t finish the download. It stopped at 15gig and pops up with an error saying the game couldnt be installed at this time.

Check that you have enough space available.

@kinzo said:

@JediJoe84 said:

Check that you have enough space available.

Yeah I got over 300gig free on this machine. Definitely not the problem. It was downloading fine all last night right up until it was almost finished. I noticed my account doesn’t say “beta tester” even though I got the email inviting me to the beta.

@JediJoe84 said:
I noticed my account doesn’t say “beta tester” even though I got the email inviting me to the beta.

Yeah that’s not the problem either, my account doesn’t show beta participant either, though i believe for me it’s due to having two email leading to the same account, must trouble their invite system.

@kinzo said:

@JediJoe84 said:
I noticed my account doesn’t say “beta tester” even though I got the email inviting me to the beta.

Yeah that’s not the problem either, my account doesn’t show beta participant either, though i believe for me it’s due to having two email leading to the same account, must trouble their invite system.

I actually just got it installed. Feel kind of stupid. I cancelled the install and then started it again. It picked up right where it stopped before and finished the installation very quickly. I guess I was just hesitant to try it in case it reset the install progress and I had to download that 16gig all over again.

@JediJoe84 said:

@kinzo said:

@JediJoe84 said:

I actually just got it installed. Feel kind of stupid. I cancelled the install and then started it again. It picked up right where it stopped before and finished the installation very quickly. I guess I was just hesitant to try it in case it reset the install progress and I had to download that 16gig all over again.

Yeah quite understandable, i had to do the same (due to space available) and their download system is kinda lacking in information. But it worked at least. Anyway good you have it sorted, have fun !

I really want to play!
Have received the first email for beta, but nothing else :frowning:

@kinzo said:

@JediJoe84 said:

@kinzo said:

@JediJoe84 said:

Yeah quite understandable, i had to do the same (due to space available) and their download system is kinda lacking in information. But it worked at least. Anyway good you have it sorted, have fun !

Yes. It looks like a beautiful game. Too bad its running really sluggish on this laptop.

@steffenchenn said:

@jennywaboom said:
Hey Age fans!

Wanted to get on here and give you all a quick update regarding beta access for those who have pre-ordered.

• Currently we have invited everyone to the beta who pre-ordered AoE:DE prior to November 13th. If this is you please check your email!
  • Everyone who has ordered since then will receive a beta invitation within the next 7-10 days.
  • Everyoe who orders going forward will receive a beta invitation within 7-10 days from the day that they order.

REMINDER: you must also have signed up for the Insider Program with the same Gamertag/ MSA that you pre-ordered with. You can sign up here!

FAQ:

Q: I didn’t recieve a beta invitation even though I have pre-ordered!

A: First, as noted above, it can take 7-10 days to get your invitation, so be patient and check your email! If it’s been longer please ensure that you used the same account for your pre-order AND your sign up for the Insider Program. Otherwise you will not be sent the automatic invitation email.

Q: I got an invitation email but do not have access to the game in the Xbox Insider Hub!

A:This likely means that you are signed into the Insider Hub with a Gamertag / MSA that is different than the one you used to pre-order AoE:DE. You need to log into the Xbox Insider Hub with the same account to ensure you are able to see the Age of Empires Definitive Edition Beta. Please do not ask us about what that account is, as due to privacy issues we are unable to provide or know that information. You should have gotten your pre-order confirmation email to your MSA account email, so double check that you are using that same account to log into the Insider Hub.

Q: I don’t know how to check which account I am logged into on the Xbox Insider Hub

A: Go to the main page of the Insider Hub. (It will open to this page right at first.) Here you will see your Gamertag listed in the middle of the screen, directly above your Level! If you are unsure what MSA that Gamertag is associated with you can go to www.xbox.com, sign in and then click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner. It will list the MSA email right under your Gamertag!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask your fellow forum members, the moderators, or @snickerdoodle and myself (@jennywaboom) and we will do our best to help you!

I didn’t get any E-mail or information about how can i join into the closed beta. I pre-ordered AOE at 24. Oct. But right now still nothing in my inbox or spam box.

Me too

I’m at a complete loss here. I preordered the DE and the Microsoft store account email is the same as the email I used to sign up for the Insider Program here on this site. It’s also the same email I’ve used on Xbox.com. I preordered the game on Nov. 9th and I have yet to see an email come through regarding the beta invite. I mean maybe some how I’m getting the emails mixed up but I only use one of my two emails so I don’t understand how it could have gotten mixed up.

Can we still preoder and get access to the beta?

Still no emails, any ideas?

Sounds great!

Think i’ll just pre-order it, really keen to see how the game mechanics and graphics are in comparison to the original.

I´ve also preordered on November 8th but still no invite, also no entry in the insider-hub.
Please provide support. Thank you very much.

I pre-ordered on Nov 17. I have also signed up to the survey & the newspaper with the same address - NO INVITATION email anywhere in my inbox nor spam folder - can see the game in Xbox, but clicking it just says you cannot play the game now already.
Can you please assist?

Hi, I preordered on 19th Nov and still no email. I already received the survey prior to my preorder, but no beta invite. Kindly look into the matter.

I’d love to play the beta. Been two weeks since I preordered. Same email as the insider thing…