Predict the Oct... Cof, cof... November balance changes challenge:

October update will be bigger as stated in the previous ones, so balance will be there

Watch out, people, MacCauthon3 is here! So we not only have to predict but also justify our predictions…

I predict that the patch will be very underwhelming. By only balance patching every three months (which is a questionable thing in general), they have set some expectations, that they cannot fulfill. Also the decisions of the developers are not always comprehensible, so it is mainly wild guessing.

I think that they will buff:

• Koreans: +50% building speed for walls (but not towers)
  • Portuguese: -25% gold cost for all units
  • general: hand cannons +5 hp (or something similar useless)

They will nerf:

• Khmer: farming rate -0,5%
  • Turks, Tatars: lose sappers
  • general: bombard towers -100 hp (just a random change with no influence to the game)

They will fix:

• some minor bugs that occur once in thousand games.

Sorry for the negativity, but I very much fear that I might be right and will get the penguin…

8 Likes

Palisade walls will cost 3 wood instead of 2.

6 Likes

Civs needing a buff:

• Bulgarians (a small eco buff, like cheaper military buildings)
  • italians (fix training time of the UU plus a small land buff)
  • Portuguese (small eco buff)
  • koreans (small eco buff)
  • turks (some trash buff)

Civs needing a nerf:

• Lithuanians (minor letis cost nerf)
  • Khmer (farmers nerfed)
  • Aztecs (small eco nerf)
  • Mayans (small nerf)
  • franks
2 Likes

hahaha i know how you feel man! and agree the balancing is too rare.

well hopefully we’re wrong and we get some amazing patch instead!! :slight_smile:

i would like to speak to the manager. mr manager! mr manager! i dont think this gentleman should get a penguin if he’s right, as he’s being too general! mr manager listen to me! :smiley:

2 Likes

My expectations:

They will:

• Buff hand cannoneers slightly
  • Buff steppe lancers
  • Make monk conversion time less random
  • Introduce a number of minor civ balance changes. Turks and Bulgarians will get a buff.
  • Introduce a number of insignificant random map generation changes
  • Make some changes to the AI
  • Fix some minor/rare bugs
  • Focus on special events, some new profile icons, etc.

They should, but will NOT:

• Buff cavalry archers (reduce frame delay)
  • Buff long swordsmen in castle age
  • Nerf Arambai in castle age
  • Fix Aquebus tech
  • Give Genitours to Turks, Portuguese and Spanish
  • Make visual improvements, like regional monks or a different look of elite UU
  • Fix the inflated team game rating calculation
  • Fix disconnect issues in team games
  • Fix various other game crashes

My expectations stem from the idea that they talk to a small number of top players to discuss balance changes, mainly based on high-level competitive gameplay. Many discussions on the forum and some bug reports will remain unnoticed.

4 Likes

I doubt what I’d like to see is for the October patch. But I hope to one day see a new building armor class for attacks from the Indian team bonus, Imperial Camels, Mayan Obsidian foot archers, and the Saracen archer lines, so that the aforementioned bonuses lose their bonus against defensive fortifications (towers, castles, walls, town centers) while keeping their current bonus against other buildings. It’s a matter of the current bonuses being so good that they replace parts of the tech tree and take away from variety.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of complaining about Cavalry Archers, but they’re always felt fine to me. Frame delay is normal for them.

You have to let them complete their firing animation, otherwise they won’t reload properly when you hit and run the next time. I’d say this does raise their effective frame delay, though, if you’re doing hit and run tactics.

Tbh sometimes people are a bit harsh with balance patches. Like the one which nerfed aztecs and buffed burmese/indian had a lukewarm reception, and then people resumed complaining about aztecs still and then about castle age arambai andt how imp camels prevent them from spamming paladins, both of which don’t have much to do with this patch.

1 Like

They usually take more time fixing stuff, i think arambai nerf will get to the next patch, despite the strats is still being abused, same with another change to byzantines, portuguese, koreans, they take their time after they touched them in a previous patch.

But khmer and indians domination hasn’t really been addressed, i know forum warriors says imperial camel and khmer eles are fine, they die to halbs, but with the data they have, from 100 tgs 90 have indians and khmer, same with briton,mayans ethipians, saracens, that is something that clearly needs to be fixed since the objective of keep giving balance support to a game is to constantly change balance when the meta is so strong that doesn’t allow other strats.

5 Likes

From the way people with inside knowledge talked about it, I think it’s fairly safe to assume that vikings will be nerfed. They might remove the free handcart part or just make it cheaper.

Nerf Imperial Camels, Arambais and Khmer Eles, NOW. They completely ruin 99% of ladder team games.

1 Like

You mean 99% of team games? Because in 1v1 these units are totally fine.

Of course I meant teamgames.

Is this a prediction or a wishlist?
This thread is for predicting future changes.

2 Likes

This is a prediction. The community has spoken, these units are way too op for TGs, even Castle Age Khmer Eles/Indian Camels, but I don’t think so they will remove the extra pierce armor of Indian Camels.

1 Like

Lool so which one is it? They are broken or they aren’t? Admit it they’re broken as far as the majority of the population uses em…

Curious thing
This thread has made be hyped for the next patch and i dont use to be so.

1 Like

Honestly I’m just anxious with the upcoming update, even more than the release of AOE3 DE.

6 Likes

Lithuanians: Letis and Elite Letis -2 attack.
Incas: Kamayuks -0.1 move speed or -10hp.
Franks: Berry bonus removed to Portuguese or Bulgarians.
Khmer: Remove Treadmill Crane, Reduce Farming speed to -5%.
Britons: Remove Heavy Scorpion.
Teutons: Reduce Armor Bonus from +2 totally to +1 totally.
Vikings: Chieftains give another +5 attack to elephants.
Steppe Lancer Line: Cost -5G.
Scorpion Line: +4 attack to buildings.

1 Like