Previously Queued Settlers Train After Sending Gold Rush Card as USA

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 27330
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

If a player has queued settlers in TCs before sending “Gold Rush”, the queued settlers will continue to train after the card arrives, along with and at the same time as the automatic free settlers granted by the card. This in effect allows settlers to be produced at extremely high rates.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play as the United States
  2. Go to Age 4 with California
  3. Send the “Gold Rush” Card
  4. Before the card arrives, queue a few villagers in one TC or more
  5. After the card arrives, observe that the queued settlers continue to train along with the TC simultaneously producing free settlers.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

All queued settlers should be cancelled and refunded, and any progress on any settlers in training be contributed to the automatic settler

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Ca gold rush.age3Ysav (2.7 MB)

Is it a bug though? You’ve paid for the ability to auto build villagers by sending the card, and you’ve paid for the villagers with food.

Yes, since the card removes the option to train settlers in exchange for food. You aren’t supposed to be able to train settlers normally at all. Since the card is a change to the way settlers are produced, so the change should be complete. It should refund the food spent on any settlers in the queue.

Probably not a bug unless it still ignores vill cap, it’s like with revolts where you can queue fishing boats before revolt and have it remain in queue after.

1 Like

If you want your resources back, then cancel the 100f villager production? You can cancel it even after you send the card.

I guess I didn’t consider this a bug but we’ll let the devs comment.

Wow, really? I’ve been using Gold Rush all this time but always canceled my training vils before the card arrived, I’ll be using this until it is patched :b.

1 Like

Yes, this is my point exactly. Training two settlers simultaneously should not occur

I think his point is that it shouldn’t be allowed to train 2 vills at a time per TC. The food isn’t the issue here.

1 Like

Think of it like a training time card or an upgrade. After you send a card which affects a units training time negatively or positively the units that were in queue from before are still going to train at previous speeds. There’s a lot of things that would also be considered bugs that I doubt people or devs consider to be bugs if this is considered a bug. This particular case could theoretically be unintended but there’s a lot of reason to doubt it.

All of those sound like unintended game behavior to me. Upgrades should affect anything in queue, since one of the fixtures of AOE as a franchise is that any upgrades affect all affected units or buildings present and future. From a user perspective, I expect if I send a card that reduces train time it would impact all queued units. I shouldn’t have to unqueue and requeue just to receive the benefit, since that’s just a waste of attention for a benefit that should be automatic. Changing that might require overhaul of the queue mechanics though…

This instance feels particularly easy to correct however, since the card could just cancel all queued villagers when it disables the ability to train villagers. This card lets you have your cake and eat it too with vil production.

That sounds like something you could say to justify suvorov reforms not only affecting the strelets you have but also those in queue, can’t really agree with what you’re saying but I guess in the end it doesn’t really matter what is a bug or what isn’t when the new devs will decide whatever falsehoods are turned into truth and vice versa.