primUsedCount < cMaxPrims

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.51737.0 7126076
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The game crashes with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

God only knows. I’ve attached a recording. The only clue I can supply is that just before this happened, my playlist ended and I alt-tabbed to switch to the next one. When I tried to return, I had a black screen with this error in the middle. Clicking “Ignorer” just brought it back up, so I clicked “Abandonner” and the client exited.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game does not crash.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

primUsedCount lt cMaxPrims

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

MP Replay v101.101.51737.0 @2021.08.28 231652 (1).aoe2record (570.6 KB)

@blastonguart Thanks for the report, could you please attach the .mdmp file from the crash? this would be in “C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs” and will have a format like this “AoE2DESteam-XXXXX-2021.06.23-09.56.40.mdmp” Just look for the one with the date and time when this happened and attach it so we can investigate it further

I think it’s this one.

2021.08.28-23.23.46.txt (9.7 KB)

And to clarify, there is no .mdmp file for that date :confused: Only the text file.

Thanks for the information but we would need the minidump file, if this ever happened to you just attach it here so we can investigate it please.

Should these mdmp files always be created? I have not found any on my system.

@ReachSouth minidump files should always be generated if the game crashes to desktop

Maybe that’s a bug in itself, the fact that it didn’t generate such a file. :frowning: There are no .mdmp files near that date at all.

@blastonguart from what I understand you got this assert message while playing MP and alt+tab to switch music from another program then when you alt+tab back to the game you got that message right?

@blastonguart are you by any chance using any mods? if so could you please tell me which ones? also do you recall which civilization were you using at that time?

Yes, that’s correct about the alt-tab.

I had and have these 3 mods on:

It was a 1v1 ranked on Arena. I was Teutons vs. Khmers. In the first post I uploaded a recording.

Hey @blastonguart
Thanks for the cooperation, we are now tracking your issue.
Have a nice day!

Hi,

I also had this crash, and this did generate a mdmp - attached. I was queueing for ranked, and then viewing the tech tree - I think I was switching between windows at the time when this happened (to a program on a second monitor).

No mods were currently enabled when this happened (as I haven’t re-enabled them after patching).

AoE2DESteam-54684-2021.10.09-20.54.59.mdmp (257.1 KB)

1 Like