Problems with Yodit scenario 2 "The Right Partner"

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The objectives for the second Yodit mission aren’t clear and it’s possible to render the level incompletable. I just wasted hours trying to finish the level before realising it was impossible and I need to start again.

Upon visiting each tribe on the map, you’re given a quest to complete. The objectives don’t make it clear which quest is for which tribe, so you just have to remember. The quests are listed as optional objectives so I (wrongly) assumed you didn’t need to complete all of them (except choosing which of the two rivals to destroy). One tribe’s chief asks you to rescue his daughter, but I didn’t notice when I found her (I don’t think there was any dialogue when it happened) and because she’s right next to an enemy raider spawn point, she was killed. There was no message or dialogue when she died and the tribe who gave the quest didn’t recognise that I had failed. The objective disappeared and I was eventually stuck at 4/5 quests completed. I couldn’t win a conquest victory because it’s impossible to defeat the raiders. So I failed the level without being defeated but wasted ages without realising.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play The Right Partner.
  2. Get the quests from the tribes.
  3. Go to the top-left of the map next to the water, defeat the enemy units, and capture the Makeda unit.
  4. Let her die.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

• The quests should not be optional objectives.
  • The objectives should more clearly indicate which quest is for which tribe.
  • It should be more obvious when you rescue the daughter.
  • You should lose the level if the daughter dies.