Proposal balance change for August patch

I’ll simply link my answer on the other topic, so if other people want to read it they can without me spamming the same posts:

The idea is to give some help on their archers. Righ now, the italians have pretty standar archer for being an archer civs, and their xbows fall behind even other non archer civs, like aztecs, that lack TR but thanks to their great eco can outproduce italians.

The free armor upgrade is a small bonus that give them a small window of time after aging up when their archers are better, but in the end they would have just +1/1 like now.

The +1PA stackable was thought because with pavise, the italians essentialy pay for a worse version of the viets bonus, which is also better for other reason, so that way the italians could compete with other archer civs at least on the military side, with +1/2 arbs (as for eco, they would however be behind cvis like mayans, britons, viets and so on…).

I fear that now this is out of the table. Condos have been buffed again, and now they seems to be in a really good spot, but buffing the cheaper age up bonus woul also buff their condos rush by a lot, and people would start complain again.

Free armor or +1PA are more defensive kind of bonus, their effect on rush would be limited and a lot behind bonus like more range (britons), cheaper archers (mayans) or faster RoF (etiopians) or even free tachs like TR (tartars) , they would also lack any eco bonus.

1 Like