Proposals of New Asian Native Tribes

No need. We already have Iron Troop, Wokou and Ronin.

Not a mainstream religion.
We could have directly suggested an Ainu settlement, like the Native Americans.
After all, Ezochi (Hokkaido), Sakhalin, and Kamchatka had few Asian mainstream religious forces.

Rather than Taoism, I would like to see Northern Shaolin become a second Chinese religion with Shaolin monk soldiers using sticks. Rename the original Shaolin to Southern Shaolin (because of their rattan shields), so that there are decent minor civilizations in the south and north of China, and they are all world-famous Buddhist warriors.

Of course, Taoism is not impossible, if there are enough maps.
Compared with Taoist master, why don’t name it Wuxia? This is more of a name for a combat-capable unit.

Whether it’s called Lama Temple or Tibetan Buddhist Temple, let them replace Shaolin in Mongolia, Manchuria and Himalayas.

Same situation with Ainu. You can directly suggest a Hmong settlement.

This is better than just catering to the tradition of religious minor civilizations.
As long as the major religions have been introduced into the game, but there are still some regions that cannot be covered decently, I believe the dev will consider Asian native settlements. The first choice should be the Ainu and Hmong, and I selfishly hope that the Formosans will be too.

Exactly. Let it replace the Zen temples and Sufi mosques there.

Yes, like this. The Ainu and Hmong settlements I speak of should be like this Arab settlement.

I’d rather add an Evenki or Chukchi or Yakut or Koryak settlement to Siberia as a second minor civilization.
After all Siberia is a good map to split into more maps.

There are only Jesuits in Korea. I don’t think we need to be so “risky”.

I would suggest that the first island chain be divided into the following ways from north to south.

• Sakhalin (or Karafuto)
  • Ezo (or Ezochi)
  • Ōu (the name of the main mountain range of modern Tōhoku region of Japan, and also the historical name of that region)
  • Kantō
  • Hokuriku (a narrow, long cold land facing the vast Sea of Japan, with many ancient buildings that can be represented by Zen temples)
  • Tōkai (the origin of the Oda clan, the essential route between East and West Japan)
  • Kansai (or Kinki)
  • Setouchi (a map with an inland sea but as narrow and long as the size of Araucania)
  • Kyushu
  • Ryukyu Islands
  • Formosa (an island map with flat land and a water trade route on one side, and mountainous and forested land and sea with whales on the other)
  • Black Ditch (The historical name of the Taiwan Strait, if there is a map that cover the two sides of the Strait, it is recommended to use this name to avoid disputes)
  • Luzon
  • Mindanao

The current Honshu is very suitable for Ryukyu, that is, renaming Honshu to Ryukyu and adding water trade routes. On the other hand, the current Hokkaido is suitable for Kanto, so it can also be renamed Kanto.

It can be seen that Japan can have many maps, enough to have the Shinto Grand Shrine as a new small civilization. The Shinto unit could be Kunoichi, a unit like Priestess + Ninja. On the other hand, there will be no Zen Temple and Shinto Grand Shrine in Sakhalin and Ezochi, while the Ainu settlements can appear in Sakhalin, Ezochi and Ōu (and maybe Kamchatka).

By the way, regarding the blank of South China, I currently suggest to divide it into Yangtze River, Sichuan Basin, Yungui Plateau, and Southeastern Hills (or Pearl River, anyway better than Fujian or Guangzhou).

4 Likes