Proposed Features for next Patch

Going to keep it brief, some ideas for next path. Feel free to add your own.

1. Select all military units (More than current limit of 60)

2. Select all specific type of unit Hotkey (Infinitary class, Siege class, Cavalry if possible)

3. Ally building foundation visible (This may already be implemented. This way in maps such as BF you can see the foundations of your ally’s wall. Can be very helpful.)

4. Separate trade cart counter or unique counter to display trade carts

5. Ranked Team Game chat (Chat while queuing, can help for those who are not using discord)

6. Option for rematch in Ranked Team Game and 1v1’s

7. Option to maintain party for Team Game. Can be a “button select” so the need to re-invite each member is not needed. This will help after a game has finished or when the match is not found due to Alt + F4. The current party is intact and will save time to re-que.

8. Solution to Alt+F4. Very sensitive topic, but there can be a positive solution than a penalty which will keep the community happy. (For example, devs brought the preferred map feature which works to a great extent. Perhaps a similar feature can be implemented where team can select not just a preferred map but ONLY 1 Map they wish to play but wont guaranty the wait time. This way if a certain team wishes to wait 20 mins for the map they want to play let it be. At least others can play while this team waits much longer and time is not wasted re-queuing and ALt+F4ing. This can perhaps make finding games for some teams longer who wish to play just BF for example but only their time is taken and not others. That’s my take, please mention other POSITIVE solutions. Do not re-write unhelpful solutions like 10 min ban or what ever, that doesn’t help solve the issue)

9. On going balance changes. Remove War Wagons bonus vs gates lol.

10. Incentive for playing Random Civ. Can be simple as gaining extra elo if the match is won with random civ selection by Team or 1v1. Also can be higher elo loss if non-random civ option was picked versus random and the match was lost. Many ways to implement incentive for Random civs.

11. Map voting should be an In-Game feature since most players do not have accounts or time to visit this website to vote. If this is an in game feature, it is more easy for almost all players to vote. Voting matters!

12. In-game spec chat

21 Likes

The possibility to ban up to 3 civ when you play random.
The possibility of save a view using the control group system. For example, yo want to keep an eye in a special spot of the map then set the view and press crtl+9. Then when you press 9 cam go to the saved spot
Remove the menu animations
Optional always on top buttons of all kind of units and qty you have

2 Likes

Cool idea. But perhaps this should only apply when the player elo is above a certain level. Many pro players recommend new players concentrate on one or two civs.

1 Like

Great idea but extremely complex to implement The possibility to ban up to 3 civ when you play random.

Could be very useful, next thought of it. Though there is a current feature, if you Control Group a certain unit or building, double tapping the control number does take you there! The possibility of save a view using the control group system. For example, yo want to keep an eye in a special spot of the map then set the view and press crtl+9. Then when you press 9 cam go to the saved spot

Could help with performance, could be an option in the menu perhaps that can be addedRemove the menu animations

Cool Optional always on top buttons of all kind of units and qty you have

Have War Wagons bonus vs gates? 11

Yes big time and can be abused big time on arena. They do bonus vs Town centers too like old arambi.

1 Like

Everything else is basically cool, except your method to prevent map dodgers is literally what we’re all asking for with unlimited bans, you’re just using different words.

I still lel when i see people post this elo thing. Why do you assume your own fixation on elo applies to everyone else? I think the priority is winning and/or having fun. And choosing to play a meta civ ups the odds of winning or choosing to play a specific civ like turks for fun will result in elo punishment? Resulting in an even more skewed mm system?

Like just lol

So i main burma and ill lose even more elo if i lose with one of the hardest civs to use vs some clown that randomly gets britons?

Or i randomly get franks and beat some poor sod that chose to use malay and i get more elo? Big lel

I find it funny how there’s this big crowd of old goats who say the game is perfectly balanced but they get their panties in a twist when someone civ picks. If the game is balanced why does it matter? If its really balanced why do people keep picking the same civs… And not picking others… Its like they can’t reconcile reality…

Ill have to test this. You sure you’re not confusing the WW’s normal anti building bonus stacking against the gate’s inherently lower PA?

Why do you whine about the OP’s “ELO fixation” to then complain that you risk losing ELO because you’re Burmese against someone who randoms Briton.

Also I know you have a fixation on stats, but pushing it to the point of claiming Malay vs Frank or Burmese vs Briton = autoloss (or even that playing Turks = “ELO punishment” ) is worrying to say the least.

Not everyone is Deathcounter you know? If anything the best cure to stop worrying about random vs picking is stop thinking that so many matchups are civ wins.

Because people keep worshipping stats.

1 Like

Please try not to loose track discussing elo’s, civ strats and other issues, focus on new ideas or features MS can implement in near future! Trust me, they read all this. That was my topics initial intent! :smiley: <3

1 Like

Actually War Wagons/Elite have +3/+4 vs buildings and +3/+4 vs standard buildings both. This is actually a crazy bonus which has gone under the radar.

Think of it this way. Castle age war wagons have Manipuri Cavalry (pre-DE).

1 Like

Blockquote[quote=“SauravT, post:11, topic:119716, full:true”]
Actually War Wagons/Elite have +3/+4 vs buildings and +3/+4 vs standard buildings both. This is actually a crazy bonus which has gone under the radar.

Thats why i mentioned it. It is under radar, broken badly.

1 Like

Its called an example genius. How do you function in real life if you’re this bad at interpreting anything? The ez answer was elo doesn’t matter. But even for the people that it does matter his system is flawed.

I personally don’t care about elo. Amongst other things i auto resign if it’s a mirror match.

1 Like

Upon the release of the free armour bonus for Korean some people did think WW would become the new arambai. But turns out they still are more expensive than arambai, while having a worse firing rate and needing fletching+bodkin , and Korean have a worse eco than Burmese on top of that. And WW don’t like facing monks.

Well when you use “I” both for everything it’s hard to separate what you truely believe and what is “an example”. In this case I know you believe Malay vs Frank is unwinnable so it made me think you believed the remainder as well.

But then fair enough. This criticism isn’t much different from what I’ve been told when I proposed something similar a while back.

Great suggestions! I would like many of these features to be implemented.

Having a button after a game ends under the Statistics to go directly to search for another game would save a lot of time for 1v1s and TGs. Of course, having the 7) feature would be a perfect mix.

1 Like

I think the trade cart counter would be a great addition, same would go for a fishing ship counter

These won’t ever be implemented, because the devs are too busy. They require so much work.

1 Like

The war wagon should keep it’s bonus.

Forgets in-game spec chat Thats the biggest feature missing right now honestly.

1 Like