[PUP] Bridges bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Even without playing with the recent pup, if you create a bridge or remove it through trigger, the game doesn’t recognise the terrain shift. For example, ships will continue to sail over the newly created bridge even if there’s not water anymore and units won’t be able to walk over the bridge even if well there’s a bridge ahead.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Place a destroyed bridge on a water terrain.
  2. Remove the destroyed bridge through trigger and create a walkable bridge in its place.
  3. Test and see.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Bridge should be walkable even if created through trigger in the middle of the scenario and ships shouldn’t be able to pass over it.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I can confirm that ships can sail through trigger-created bridge pieces while land units cannot cross them. It’s because the game fails to generate “bridge terrain” upon creating a bridge via triggers, thus the game considers it’s still water terrain.

What you can do as a temporary fix:

• Create the bridge piece(s) (middle) you need in the editor.
  • Make a trigger that removes the wanted piece(s) on second 1 when you start.
  • When you create new piece(s) on the same spot where the first piece(s) that got removed, then the terrain is still considered “bridge terrain”.
1 Like

Brilliant workaround but unfortunately I need the terrain to shift after you complete a certain quest because the bridge serves also the purpose of blocking enemy demo ships after you make it build. So with your workaround those ships would be blocked from the very beginning I guess.

I’m quite sure this bug didn’t happened before and was introduced recently so hopefully they’ll fix it soon!

1 Like

Ah yes, I see.

I cannot see any other way to deal with this at the moment indeed :frowning:

1 Like

No problem, thanks for the reply!
I’ll write in the hints that the bridge part is bugged (it’s an optional objective anyway).

A crude workaround for that is using teleport triggers.

1 Like

I imagine it would be kinda clumsy since units already have lots of troubles simply moving in this game…
But I have hopes they will fix the bridge issue already in the next patch.

Hi @SamePorpoise303
This is issue is already tracked, the team is working on a solution.
Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, this issue should now be fixed in PUP build 98674.

2 Likes