PUP changes

Vietnamese Elephants were the biggest losers from the Battle Elephant nerfs, imo. Between an extra 100 HP and +1/+2 armor, it’s getting harder to differentiate between Vietnamese and Burmese Elephants. They ought to give one more splash dmg.

“There will now be punishments for leaving/disconnecting early. → queue delay”

This is how DE will go to waste, keep up the good job.

1 Like

Long Swordmen +1 melee armor !

8 Likes

So hyped for this, finally some love for LS !

4 Likes

They also increased the melee armor of Longswords and 2HS from 0 to 1.

I don’t think that it’ll do much though… apart from making the condos even more useless.

1 Like

Yeah same. It won’t have that much of an impact but it’s still a solid improvement. Doubt it sees much more use.
Maybe teutons and malians a bit more.

1 Like

agree chatras comes in too late for 1v1, but might mean viet see a little more play on TG

that buff to infantry line is amazing… cant believe they finally did it… tons of people have been asking for it…

i dont think this is good, it leaves too much up to rng, and can still lead to bad map gen for a player… simply getting front berries and gold on a hill, while opponent gets back berries and no front hill, they should have increased spawn distance ever so slightly…

brokundians are still broken in many situations, they hardly need a “fix” at the moment… like if they ever over nerfed franks it would be 100% fine, they can fix other civs before they go over tweaking s-tiers

i think someone needs to go look at the stats again and the actual impact they have, along with the support units (burmese monks)… they are VASTLY different… one takes 300 arb hits to die (basically immortal) the other takes enough that it isnt immortal… the arb immune one also does a load more damage when you start factoring armour

there’s simply no way they can make everyone happy, but i still think unlimited bans will make the least people upset… as it stand we will just have to choose between taking the temp ban, starting an alt account to dodge the ban, or leaving the match as soon as it is safe to do so… no one is going to force us to play a map we dont want to, they simply play out far too differently…

haha true, their powerspike is still a little too limited, they still have some utility though… their speed helps them a lot more v eagles, and their gunpowder armour helps in the (less) rare cases the opponent fields hand cannons…

1 Like

Burgundians aren’t even s tier low and this is a significant nerf as is. With 40 farmers you generate about a relics worth of gold. So in your average 1v1. In post imp. You’ll generate about a relic and a half worth of gold from farms. My guess is people won’t even take the tech in castle age at all.

4 Likes

Ah i see, they actually buffed the vineyard rate a bit, so now 30 farmers can make a relic.
Still, it’s just not worth it - it takes so long to pay of and even after it is paid of the trickle is quite low. I think they need to either improve the trickle or make it different.

I think a nice solution would be that they don’t get the gold extra, instead 10 % of the incoming food is directly converted to gold.

And I actually would change the position of this tech and flemish revolution. Flemish revolution doesn’t converts all your vills anymore, instead you can convert individual vills to flemish militia when spending 25 gold for each unit. Then the cost of the tech can be reduced to 150 F / 150 G or so and be a castle age tech - a nice tool to defend your eco against incoming raids - and also allows you to just close the game at some point if the opponent refuses to resign.

3 Likes

Meh, against HC skirms are way better, and against eagles win barely since they don’t have any bonus damage vs them.

Not looking forward to the Burgundian nerf. They are going to contort and mar that civ just to keep the revolution UT. I don’t like it. It’s such an interesting and strong civ without it. Anyway, we’ll see what happens.

Sounds like some great changes. Looking forward to trying them.

Finally a vietnamese buff! And an elephant one!

and infantry buff for them as well (?)!!

the buff to supplies is a indirect nerf for slavs (Free supplies), althought their infantry is easier to tech now, so…

2 Likes

I love this idea, and it’s from the same game/civ from which they seemed to have ripped the idea (ie Norse Ragnarok for the current UT, and the proposed one is an ability AoM Norse units get because only military can build buildings that aren’t farms). I think everyone agrees that instant military is a very tricky thing to balance. And Burundians are a solid civ, even without that infamous tech.

Longsword buff in a crossbow/knight meta doesn’t do much

Still it is a nerf for eagles

1 Like

Honestly the buff to the militia line could go unnoticed, they can’t counter eagles cause of the low speed, even longswords beats elite eagle, so it is not going to make any real difference but i guess its better than nothing.

There is not a single way to buff militia line without breaking the balance for civs like goths, malians, burmese, bulgarians, japanese, teutons, celts and even vikings, maybe increasing the bonus vs buildings and removing arson from those civs and reducing goth bonus could make militia line a bit better in most scenarios, cause they will still losing badly to knights, archs and mangonel ground attacks, but breaking buildings could give them a better purpose.

Still no Portuguese buff…

Seriously, Why???

2 Likes

What do you mean, there is a Portuguese nerf in there with feitorias less hp. 11

They ought to change carrack into carrack black sword (effect +1 atk +1/+1 armor for militia line).

It’s the perfect change.

1. Nerfs the civ on water were there are part of the only viable trifecta (Italian, viking, port), which would open room in the meta for more civs
    (obvoiulsy the other 2 should be neeferd to, like vikings eco bonus changed to wheelbarrow and hand cart free but must be researched)

2. Its historically accurate and even preserves the name of the tech!

3. In buffs Portuguese on land maps, where they are one of the wrist civs, giving them a new unique strategy of spamming cheaper on gold and stronger milltia, that is slow.

Portuguese need most a better early game bonus.
What defined Portuguese early history. The reconqista crusades and also crusaders on their way to the holy land, stopping by and giving them a hand.

How does this translate in aoe?

• can create 3 free militia upon reaching the feudal age

→ comparable to Ethiopians free res upon reaching feudal age, you need to train 3 militia to get it (takes times) and you are not free to spend anywhere else (less flexible)

These two changes synergies well together, getting a hand full of free milltia to incetivise going infstry, and later a buffed militia line from the castle UT in castle age.

That’s it, Portuguese not boring to play anymore , and will not be suddenly op either.

4 Likes

They have received a minor feitoria nerf in the PUP. Maybe this is due to prepare them for a later buff.

Also, they have received decent buffs for the HCs recently and a minor buff for organ guns

And the infantry changes in PUP could benefit them in some cases. Their infantry lack squires but cost less gold and they can research upgrades a bit faster. This is good for transitioning into champions in the late game (against goths, trahs spammers, eagles). Cheaper upgrades will make this transition easier

2 Likes