PUP CHINESE GRANARY

Nah , you are exagerating

ok , now you are trolling

oh god , i cant believe people in these forums still thinks that political actions affects the balance of the game , that is stupid

1 Like

I wonder what those guys with the same kind of statements about the devs and the Abbasid are doing now

1 Like

Love this idea. The power of the bonus depends on the number of Granaries built rather than the placement of the farm. However, I would suggest buffing it up to 35% (15% 10% 10%) since it’s a gather rate buff, not gather rate and carry capacity like the IO/HRE’s.

Call me an idiot, but i’ve tried a few games now with my chineese (main)

I have never ended up with so much food, thanks to one grannery boosted with an IO when i head into Castle age.

I used to have 3 IO’s on mills to be able to spam my pop cap to the max within 2 minutes after reaching castle.

My problem right now, i don’t have the gold to do so.
(Still figuring out how to play china tbh)

That’s $250 for a 10% buff on farming rate. I would compare that to horticulture for the same price with 15% buff on all food income.

2 Likes

Thats a bad use of your IO. So this argument doesn’t hold up. You are saying you are boosting your food economy only and now your food economy is good. But instead you should have been supervising wood and gold.

Granaries are way too expensive for 250 wood each and the poor 10% output bonus has to get back to 15%. Granaries should cost 100 wood not 250.

This is supposed to be a civ bonus, but in reality its not. Its a waste of ressources and it also relies on you making a perfect base layout, which is impossible in practice.

Just regular gather rate upgrades are better. Or the Abbasid farm upgrade which works on any farm, not just in some restricted range. Thats better aswell.

For some reason most things that Chinese gets to invest ressources into are straight up not worth it.

Pagodas got a massive nerf aswell and they are bugged in the current patch. You don’t even get any gold benefit when placing relics inside them. Its not worth it to go for Yuan just for Pagodas. Going Age IV and upgrading Tithe Barns is almost as good and doesn’t cost 1800 ressources +150 wood per Pagoda.

4 Likes

I tested post patch. I have three issues for Granary:

1. It is too costly, and only buff farms(not buffing sheep/boar/deer). It means that we have to prepare at least 1150 wood for it to work as desired (12 farms)
  2. It is too big, very hard to find a good position for three granaries.
  3. It takes too much player focus to build proper 12 farms. Auto clicking farms always result in poor farms positioning.
4 Likes

the reduction in price to granaries by 100 wood is a GREAT change; and though I’m still not 100% b/c they kept the stacking bonus
 I guess the way they see it is; you get a flat 10% for +100 wood AND IF you can stack granaries properly you get more benefit.

Cheaper granary is only decent change they made and yet it still half baked and not compensate all the things they lose.

Granary is big issue even if they can be stacked its so large area where player needs to place the granaries which results so much surface area that needs to be protected which makes them super juicy targets for raiding.

Granary is still 3x more expensive than mill and take 3 more squares and farms being expensive investment that china doesn’t want to do early on will put them behind and forcing to turtle and giving up more map control which results opponent just doing what ever they want.

Best change out of ■■■■ changes but still not good enough and clearly devs have no idea what to do and only listen biased complaints of low elo players who have no idea how to counter something and yes not talking about grenadiers now but other strategies.

Had to dig to find this forum!! But Farm auto generates has been fixed
 my guide to getting perfect auto farms around a granary is NOW OBSOLETE as of PUP season 3! GG

1 Like