Purchase no longer appearing in steam

I purchased Age of Empires II DE but for some reason, it no longer appears in my library. Is this by design?

1 Like

Hi @Lusall88, If you go to the Steam store page for AoE II: DE, what does it show?

It doesn’t say that I have purchased it. It says I can pre order, but I prepurchased it way back when it first went on sale. It’s how I got invited to the beta.

Hmm… Do you have a receipt from Steam for your purchase? You may need to supply that to the team to verify you pre-ordered the game. Email them at aoeinsidersupport@microsoft.com.

I’m attempting to find it, but I don’t make a habit of keeping the emails since I’ve never lost a game like this.

Same here.
=(

Hey there,

Can you please check your purchase history in Steam? If you did the preorder through one of the Bundles while you were in the beta, Steam may not have charged you for AOE2:DE during checkout. If this is the case, you’ll want to checkout with the Bundle again to preserve your discount.

From Steam, click your account icon in the top-right and select Account Details from the drop-down. Under Store & Purchase History, click View Purchase History to see all of your past purchases on that account.

2 Likes

This happened to me, too. I purchased the Age of Empires Definitive Edition Bundle on Steam before AoE2:DE released (specifically) and before I’d uninstalled the beta. Age of Empires 1 is in my library, but Age of Empires II is not.

Can you check your Purchase History in Steam? Steam may have only charged you for one of the games in your Bundle. If this is the case, you can add the Bundle to your cart again in Steam and still receive your discount through their Complete your Collection feature!

Thank you. Figured that out eventually, thankfully within the Steam return window. I got a refund on AoE:DE (since I already have that on the MS Store) and got AoE2:DE instead. :slight_smile:

I will, however, echo earlier sentiments that Steam needs to make their bundle pricing a whole lot clearer.