QoL improvements I expect for Age of Empires 4 first anniversary and beyond

There’s a difference between you not liking them and them being placeholders though.

1 Like

Everything you said plus:

• Unit upgrades should tell us how much attack/HP the unit will gain with the upgrade.

• Different fauna in different biomes.

• Proper HDR callibration.

• Please show the map in the loading screen.

• 5 second countdown before the game starts.

• Having the option to show traders as workers on gold.

4 Likes

I can’t believe there still aren’t waypoint markers 8 months after release for the “biggest” RTS game to come out in years :smiling_face_with_tear:

Biggest QoL they haven’t adressed since launch: ZOOM

5 Likes

ah yes, the intentionally ignored zoom feedback

2 Likes

Very good suggestions. All are important. I hope very much the developers will implement all those things.

It is very important that they give the AI character as you wrote. The AI should be similar like in AOE3 or better like in Stronghold. This would make playing against them much more fun. Not a faceless civilization. Each characterized AI should also have a certain playstyle.

Personally I would like an other style of the campaigns. They should be more emotional and more like those from AOE2.

For the long time success it is very important for the game to add as many possibilities to the mod tools as possible. For example adding models and things like that so that Units, Civs and stuff like this can be added to the game by modders.

Furthermore we need more different terrain, animals and plans. Besides more things to explore on the maps like small villages.

The icons are really bad. You can distinguish them too badly. Besides, not all of them should be gold, but have different colors.

They should remove the weird golden boarders from the maps.

Hero units like Dschingis Khan for the Mongols should also be added for each civlization.

Placing units on walls should be more relevant because it is one of the few new features from AOE4.

There should be more unit formations. Their usage should be more relevant.

Cheats should of course also be added to AOE4.

Unfortunately when I consider the current development speed I’m skeptical if we will see all those things implemented in the first anniversary. Maybe in 3 to 4 years.

Please don’t get me wrong. I think the developers are doing a good job. But it looks like there are just not enough developers working on AOE4 :frowning:

2 Likes

Please developers focus more on new features like those things people mentioned here and don’t use much time for balance changes.

1 Like

Updated.

Summary

Post must be at least 20 characters

3 a 4 años?! colega eso seria terrible seria matar al juego…

Stone wall should be upgradable from wooden wall (for the same cost and build time using villagers) so we don’t have to spend too much time micromanaging that aspect (delete the wooden walls, place new stone walls, checking for holes and obstruction x2) and can save some space. Basically keeping the same wall layout from wooden wall.

1 Like

Yes, because balancing, for the most part, is a quick and cheap (and lazy way) to refresh the game without adding new contents. Basically just change the meta and hope people are interested. This only affects a very small amount of player base rather than the rest majority and is a win-lose situation (some people will leave the game because of the balance changes).

1 Like

@HighPingLord Very good idea with the upgrade from wooden wall to stone wall. The developers should add such a technology.

Yes you are right :frowning: Just changing some numbers and hope the players will like it gives not lot of works. Whereas new features and new content, which the majority of non competitive players wants, gives some work. For me the high orientation to competitive players and e-sport is one of the main reasons why the player base has dramatically decreased.

AOE4 needs more developers and change the focus from e-sport to casual players.

keep waiting for devs… it’s all marketing

1 Like

Unfortunately I think you are right :frowning:

2 Likes