Quantity of resource containing must be up

quantity of resource containing must be up.

1 Like

A Mode that would let us choose, or just an option to make scenarios with 99999 gold in gold mine would be nice.
Also, a mode with infinite gold in gold mines would be nice…

1 Like

More gold maybe, but if you give infinite gold then the advantage of taking control the majority of map is much smaller.
(unless you limit how much gold can be gained from a gold mine/minute.)

Nooo. Limited resources is one of the best parts of aoe1. Players will gobble up the map like expanding anthills during the course of the match. Gives the game a interesting momentum that other rts’s lack. Limited gold promotes cool strategic choices and punishes wasteful behavior.

@ShabanovStric said:
A Mode that would let us choose, or just an option to make scenarios with 99999 gold in gold mine would be nice.
Also, a mode with infinite gold in gold mines would be nice…

That would not be good. In AoE establishing map control is important, so that you control the far-away gold mines once the closer ones run out. If gold mines were infinite, there would be no advantages to map control greatly reducing the strength of aggressive play.

@GepardenKalle said:
Nooo. Limited resources is one of the best parts of aoe1. Players will gobble up the map like expanding anthills during the course of the match. Gives the game a interesting momentum that other rts’s lack. Limited gold promotes cool strategic choices and punishes wasteful behavior.

I just would like just mine or animals or tree a litle bit bigger like put in more 100 or 150 .

@beberlecancrela said:

@GepardenKalle said:

I just would like just mine or animals or tree a litle bit bigger like put in more 100 or 150 .

But if you put 100 or 150 into a tree then chopping wood becomes trivial, just like it is in aoe2 and aoe3. In those games chopping wood rarely affected how the map played. What makes AoE1 special is how the map is changing all the time as wood rapidly gets chopped away - this charm will be gone if each tree lasts longer.

@GepardenKalle said:

@beberlecancrela said:

@GepardenKalle said:

But if you put 100 or 150 into a tree then chopping wood becomes trivial, just like it is in aoe2 and aoe3. In those games chopping wood rarely affected how the map played. What makes AoE1 special is how the map is changing all the time as wood rapidly gets chopped away - this charm will be gone if each tree lasts longer.

Agree for tree it was a mistake sorry (forgot that they had just 45 so just 10/15 in more each)

Of course it depends on the map if it’s 1v1 or 3v3

I think the most important point for AoE DE will be, just like for all the other ideas people came up with, to allow for easy modding of the game.
For games where it is easy to modify things like resource amount, speed/rate of gathering etc. there is a mod for everyone to make every style of play possible.
The other important thing (which also is not too hard to do) is, to only allow people with the same set of mods to play together online.
That way, there can’t be any harm done by cheat mods but everybody can play their way.
Lot’s of games do it, via Steam Workshop for example.

Resources remain untouched since release date, it seems, so this is still relevant.

A 25% increase for everything would be already fine, to prevent only trash units being used in the long term/late game.

Whatever the increase is, it would be welcomed by myself.

Actually have been changed, and gold / stone is increased. All others ressource remain inchanged though i believe.

You mean, since the Definitive Edition was released, or since the original game came out?

Since DE release.

Check in map balance section.

1 Like

Personally, you think resources are good as they are now, or do you have some changes to propose?

It’s quite good, there’s enough ressource “safe” to get started and plenty on the map. Player can still run out of gold but as said before it’s a victory condition, so it’s ok.