Questions for the devs?

Insiders, I’ll attend the AoE DE event in Cologne tomorrow and hopefully will have the chance to chat with some devs. Any topics or questions you want me to ask or talk about?

How much can we mod? :slight_smile:

How much of the game can we mod? :slight_smile:

(and why can’t we delete our own duplicate posts in these forums?) :smiley:

• There is going to be any support or big update for AOE III or it is going to be forgotten due to AOE DE?
  • There is going to be a workshop for AOE DE? (I think it hasn’t been answered)

Any plans for expansions for AOE DE, introducing more Civs. Or this will be it?

Will be there steam edition ? I don’t want Microsoft store and 50 other services that I have to through to that will hog my system.

Mods, mods and more mod questions.

Also: Are there any new campaigns?

It said “16 civilizations to explore and 10 campaigns to conquer” in the announcement news post - That accounts for all the civs… However, unless I’m mistaken (please correct me if I am), there are only a total of 8 campaigns in the original AoE + RoR. So what in rogan are the other 2?

@“Helios Ra” said:

It said “16 civilizations to explore and 10 campaigns to conquer” in the announcement news post - That accounts for all the civs… However, unless I’m mistaken (please correct me if I am), there are only a total of 8 campaigns in the original AoE + RoR. So what in rogan are the other 2?

No.
The other 2 are from the demos. Here is the list-
http://www.forgottenempires.net/age-of-empires-definitive-edition

They did say that they polished the campaigns a bit. Not sure what that includes.

Also-
I remember reading that - Modding support will be there, or be added later.

See the comments on above linked page. Cysion replies to some queries.

@MaharajManSingh said:

@“Helios Ra” said:

No.
The other 2 are from the demos. Here is the list-
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Forgotten Empires

They did say that they polished the campaigns a bit. Not sure what that includes.

Also-
I remember reading that - Modding support will be there, or be added later.

See the comments on above linked page. Cysion replies to some queries.

Thanks for the link. Haven’t seen this page before.

Never played the demo games, although I was aware of the Hittites campaign existing, but I thought it was just a demo rehash of the Egyptian learning campaign? I can’tunderstand them releasing 2 starter campaigns so maybe the Hittites campaign will have been “polished” a bit more than the others?

• Date of the next beta wave?
  • Are they gonna start crossplay with AOE II HD and AOM like they did with Rise of Nations?