Rage Quitting

Can you guys please create a feature that allows a bot (AI) to take over after someone rage quits or even resigns? The biggest drawback of these games is someone quits when they know they are loosing and you don’t get to finish destroying them. I don’t care if I am playing a bot after they quit. It gives me closure and I assume everyone else would love such a feature.

this would be dope

Great idea!
I also wish we could play just against the bots in multiplayer.

@rockooldude said:
Great idea!
I also wish we could play just against the bots in multiplayer.

We can, cant we? Just need another player (so basically duo vs AI) as far as I understood it? Could be wrong

I guess player have different approach to the game. I actually play and try my best to win, if i think i cannot win (after i tried my best) i will probably resign at least in solo. And i hate when people don’t resign and even try to hide their villager etc … i just have the feeling to lose time and not really play the game anymore.

Now i agree sometimes people can resign too fast (me included !) but there are various reason to that.

1 Like

@kinzo said:
I guess player have different approach to the game. I actually play and try my best to win, if i think i cannot win (after i tried my best) i will probably resign at least in solo. And i hate when people don’t resign and even try to hide their villager etc … i just have the feeling to lose time and not really play the game anymore.

Now i agree sometimes people can resign too fast (me included !) but there are various reason to that.

This and well, they could put it as an option to have a bot to take over after the resigned player if desired? I mean, some want that, some really dont, im on the fence about it, but not a bad idea.

I do like the idea, but I fear for imbalance and abuse of this option. A hard aggressive bot can already defeat human players very easily. If they would be able to emulate the left player HI with the AI it could be an option though.

@kinzo said:

Maybe we need an option where an AI can take over for you as winning party until the other person is done losing. :wink:

@“Pan Calvus” said:
Maybe we need an option where an AI can take over for you as winning party until the other person is done losing. :wink:

They just should put well known rage quitters together in one MP game. So they will have like almost no game at all until they learn to stay and fight at least to their last breath. o:)

No dead mother in law could ever make me rage quit - joking of course - time related matters can make me quit and then I will inform other players.

I think this could be an asset. If you quit you should be able to select a reason, send leaving message to all and also judge the quality of the game. And if playing in a team, your team should be able to take over control.

Surrendering in a hopeless situation like being unable to build a town center is not rage quitting of course. It’s accepting the fact that you just have lost that game.

Mwah, personally I can appreciate someone who knows when they’ve lost.

Rage quitting is mostly an issue in games where the winner has to sit there and watch a timer run out to be awarded the win, or where they just don’t get to win at all if someone quits. It’s roughly in the same category as committing suicide to deny someone else points for killing you. People who just resign when they know they’ve lost are not that big a problem to me, especially as the fun part of the game is the part where you don’t know who’s going to win yet.

Not that I have a lot of experience winning multiplayer games, just my two cents…

Would be great

@kinzo said:

A technology like spies (Age of Empires II) should be avaliable.