Ram armor against Leitis

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
Platform: Steam
Operating System: Windows 10
Gamertag: Páncrol

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Looking at the game files through Advanced Genie Editor I’ve noticed that the ram and its upgrades have the “Leitis” armor, class 31, set to 0 while their basic melee armor is set to -3. This means that Leitis actually do less damage to rams that other melee units with similar attack values.

I believe this was done by mistake when implementing the Lithuanians and think it should be revisited for a future patch.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Check units 35, 422, 548 and 1258 in Advanced Genie Editor for “empires2_x2_p1.dat”

I think is a thing intendeed

The Leitis ignores armor, why make an exception for rams?

1 Like

There are several units with a hidden damage modification against rams, and Leitis is only one of them and I believe is not a bug as people already know about this. The other two are Kipchak and Chukonu, whose secondary arrows have 0 melée attack (so end up doing 3 damage per secondary arrow + 1 from the primary to rams).

I understand that the Leitis definition could imply that they also ignore the bonus against rams but, I feel as if they implemented the Leitis armor doing a loop over all units, setting it to zero and maybe the one that did it wasn’t told to whatch out for rams. I just wanted to put the issue here and, if they don’t change it, I’ll get the confirmation that indeed it’s intentional.

Rowschank, I hadn’t notice the melee attack from chukonu and kipchak arrows, thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

I was watching a stream of Viper vs. Hera on twitch where Kipchaks melted rams and Viper was exclaiming, “Your rams, they tickle me!”. That’s when I realised that their secondary arrows are not just 3 pierce, but 3 pierce and 0 melée.

They ignore armor. That should include negative armor aswell. Everything works as intended.
People are aware of this.

2 Likes