Random and Frequent crashes (Solo)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: #99311
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Since last patch, the game randomly crashes in Solo player, be it random map, campaigns, scenarios, custom scenarios… Sometimes it happens a few minutes in-game, sometimes later on, and it doesn’t seem to be tied ot any specific player action, since last time it happened when I was basically doing nothing at all.
Never experienced anything of the sort before the last patch.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play any solo game
  2. See the game crash after a while.
  3. Profit

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game isn’t supposed to crash randomly, especially not after a patch.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Came here to report the same. I don’t play solo, I play a lot of lobby matches and it’s been two or so days since I’ve started experiencing a lot of random crashes mid match. Often they occur after 20~30 mins (in game) into the match. It happens in almost every match, making the game very unplayable right now.

1 Like

do you guys get a lot of out of sync/desync games? especially against AI

The same to me, crashing in multiplayer after 30-40 min of playing. And I’ve never had crashes before in any version of age of empires, only now in this last patch #99311

2 Likes

Didn’t experience a desync so far, but I stopped playing after 5-6 crashes. Didn’t try multiplayer but given the reports, people do experience the same thing in multiplayer as well.