Random color not work for games with AIs

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:all patches
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
If I create a lobby with players and AIs (i.e. 4 players vs 4 AIs), all players who does not select color will be assigned a color by the sequence in the lobby.
It is useful when I want to assign positions and civs for AIs while take random positions for human players.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. create a lobby
  2. first 4 spot for human players, others for AIs and assign their number as 5 6 7 8
  3. start a game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
4 human players’ colors should be random.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

not related

I thought the colour assignment wasn’t random if everyone had chosen ‘random’ colour, and it’d just assign colours by player spot, e.g. host would always be Blue, second player Red etc.

Colour is largely meaningless unless you play with team positions enabled, anyway, no?

We’re already tracking this issue.
Thanks for your report!