These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- **GAME BUILD #: V.100.12.18493.0 (149565)
- **GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- **OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
There is an error when trasnfering Random Maps in Multiplayer.
I noted that the Random Map transfer occurs only when all players had set “ready” and the loading map screen is shown. But it is at this moment that players (not the host) get their game crashed or sometimes an error showing: “MAP TRANSFER ERROR”.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the matches we TRY to play for the first time (ALWAYS)
This does not happen to the Host, because he is the one sharing the Random Map.
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
(Having a random map already installed in your Random Maps directory)
- Enter Multiplayer Mode
- Host a Casual Game
- Choose the Random Map of your preference (that other players don’t have)
- Start the game
- Players should experience a game crash or in some cases a message saying “MAP TRANSFER ERROR”
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
- Players should be able to play the Random Map as usual as any other random Map.
== I think this can be fixed if Random Map transfer starts before everyone sets ready in Lobby, as it is currently with the scenarios. ==
Because I noted that on the second try of playing the map (Random Map Files already transferred) it works perfectly fine.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
- Image, starting game moments before crash.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
A Record Game where my friend completely crashed at begining.