Randomly cancels TC queue with Stop command from Scout

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Turin

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

When I switch from scout to TC with hotkey (H) and hit by accident (G) which is Stop on the scout but ungarrison on the TC. It sometimes removes everything from my TC queue.

I’m only able to reproduce in online games. I think it has to do with the lag. So the game registers its on the TC now, but still somehow can do a stop command on that TC, because the Stop command it thinks was still on the scout.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Select Scout.
  2. Hit TC hotkey and stop hotkey more or less simultaneously.

I can’t reproduce it every time. But still could do it twice in the Testing game I did.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

https://powatecgmbh-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/m_schuler_powatec_com/EqmKyU5-sRREjCLu5r-KYtwBUBrw9Z-D03AKjIMgCD_mMQ?e=oGmB9m

First game is the game where it happend at game time 00:00:40. Removing 3 Vills one at 60% produced.

The second game is the Testing game. At around 00:02:16 i managed to remove the villager from queue. And again at 00:02:33.

4 Likes

This issue is now being tracked, thank you for the report.

3 Likes

yes the same happens to me, try using the stop hotkey on the TC. It will cancel the whole queue

I have the same hotkey for stop + produce vills and it happens rarely but it happens.

probably the same bug for both of us.

my thread is here Villager gets cancelled for NO REASON

1 Like

Same thing happened to me 1 hour ago in a game

I pressed stop on my Scout, went to my TC, and castle age upgrade was cancelled on my TC

Can the devs please confirm if this bug is being tracked? Super annoying when it occurs

The 2nd post here is what you call for …

Yes but can you see the date on that comment?

He answered 2-3 patches ago (60 days) and if they were tracking it they should have fixed it lol.

So I am assuming they forgot about it, cos it doesn’t seem like a super complicated bug to fix. Feels similar to that one where if you cancel unit production in one castle, you accidentaly delete another castle.

I’ve recorded a vid on this where i reproduce it in a simple way by spamming scout control group and queuing villagers in the town center. In my hotkey setup, create villager hotkey and Stop hotkey are both set at the letter S. But that isn’t the root cause of this issue. because why do town centers even have the ability to “stop” with the stop hotkey.

I know what the problem is. And they said they are tracking it. Bugs are not necessarily easy to fix even though they seem to be. You do not know how stop is implemented in the game. Maybe it is just cancel all instructions. Where building vills or waypoints are instructions.

They sure have a priority list. Looking how great the game runs right now compared to 2-3 patches ago this is a much more enjoyable game than before. Sure it still has bugs. And this particular one can lose you the game on its own.

I myself did not encounter the bug in the last month, or I did not notice it. Sure my hotkey setup is not as bad as yours regarding this particular bug. For me it is more a chubby fingers occurrence.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: newest version (the stuttery one)
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Oli King

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
Sometimes my vill just gets cancelled. This game I added has it happen at Minute 2:18 (yellow player). The vill gets cancelled at 41%. The only thing I am doing there is trying to produce vills and maybe tasking some vills to wood. There is no way I am clicking the vill icon to cancel it.

The only thing making sense to me is that my “stop” hotkey is the same as my “vill” hotkey. But since when does “stop” equal “cancel unit in production”?

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

I have no idea!!
just spam the vill making button and see the current vill disappear…

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

4 Likes

Hey mr. oli
Randomly cancels TC queue with Stop command from Scout

Can be pretty deadly if you are up to some age at a high %

4 Likes

Yes happened to me today too. I was going up to castle age, then after stopping my Scout, and switching to TC with hotkey, my upgrade got canceled. I could record the part where it happens or upload rec if needed.

2 Likes

I’ve recorded a video on this where i reproduce it in a simple way by spamming scout control group and queuing villagers in the town center. In my hotkey setup, create villager hotkey and Stop hotkey are both set at the letter S. But that isn’t the root cause of this issue. because why do town centers even have the ability to “stop” with the stop hotkey.

1 Like

This bug has already been reported to the forums 2 months ago but still hasn’t been fixed.

When you press Stop hotkey on your scout, and then switch to the town center, you can accidentally cancel production of villagers or age up technologies.

Already happened to me in a bunch of multiplayer games, several times, especially in dark age, when you are constantly switching between Scout and Town Center, and several times my villager which has been 80% in progress, gets cancelled.

This can be a game losing bug especially in higher than average elos. Once in an arena game i even cancelled a 60% completed Castle Age. It seems to mostly occur in multiplayer, I guess cos of the small delay involved.

I’ve recorded a video on this where i reproduce it in a simple way by spamming scout control group and queuing villagers in the town center. In my hotkey setup, create villager hotkey and Stop hotkey are both set at the letter S. But that isn’t the root cause of this issue. because why do town centers even have the ability to “stop” with the stop hotkey.

In one of these threads, on June 15th, a dev responded that the bug is being tracked, but how is it possible that such a minor bug is unfixed after several patches and 60 days have passed.

1 Like

i have this happen to me too. I was on my way to feudal age and it got cancelled, and another time was researching a tech in university it also got cancelled.

@GMEvangelos please take this away, it affects the game quite a bit.

1 Like

I think an easy temporary fix would be to add a Stop hotkey for buildings ingame, and allow us to bind or unbind that hotkey. Then this accidental cancelling wouldn’t happen, if we can bind stop hotkey of building to something different than stop hotkey of units. Currently building uses the hidden stop hotkey of units.

I think you are wrong in the understanding of this issue. If it was an easy fix, it would already be fixed.

I don’t think there is a stop hotkey not even an invisible one for buildings. I think it is how the stop command is coded into the game.

The series which I described merely does execute something that should not be possible. The bug would still happen after those actions you suggest.

an easy temporary fix would be to add a Stop hotkey for buildings ingame, and allow us to bind or unbind that hotkey

That would exactly change nothing for this bug. The bug is something that should not happen in the first place but still does.

Can you stop acting so condescending in this thread? Like some self proclaimed police officer? And constantly keep posting contrary comments that add nothing of value to the bug? Seems like you really like proving some hidden point against me, instantly tracking whenever I post.

I didn’t say it was an easy fix now. I meant we could try this temporary fix if the devs can’t think of any other way to fix it. Just brainstorming ideas out here.

And I dont think it would still happen. If you add 2 different actions: Stop for buildings and Stop for units, I dont think the “Stop for units” would be able to cause the hidden “Stop for buildings” to occur.

I’m not tracking what you write, I got an E-mail from the forum that you wrote. I took the time and effort to to read your post and state my opinion about what you wrote and why I think you are wrong with your temporary fix. I’m not attacking you at all. I simply state that I think your proposed solution does not work. That is not an attack. You however attack me personally, by calling me condescending and self proclaimed police officer.

Now the step by step discussion about your suggestions.

I stated above that I think the stop function it is a canceling of all instructions. But I do not know if that is actually how it is coded in the game. If my assumption is true, it would be a possible explanation of the bug working as follows:

• Units have a stop hotkey
  • Buildings do not have a stop hotkey
  • The stop function however is somehow working on buildings. When executed in the way described above.
  • Now if you implement a stop hotkey for buildings, but do unbind it you would still execute that stop function with the scout with sequence reported above.
  • QED. YOUR SOLUTION (add a Stop hotkey for buildings) DOES NOT WORK.

What you are suggesting now is something entirely different than what you suggested before. It is a better suggestion, but could still lead to other problems.

And I don’t think it would still happen. If you add 2 different actions: Stop for buildings and Stop for units, I don’t think the “Stop for units” would be able to cause the hidden “Stop for buildings” to occur.

It is as good as an if function that checks if a unit or building is trying to execute the stop function. For that you do not have to implement a different stop function for buildings.
This fix would lead to the next Bug, which is → When I do switch to my Town Center and I want to create a villager in quick succession nothing happens. Because the new behavior would be:

• Be on a unit
  • Switch to TC
  • Cancel instruction executed as described above on TC instead of making a villager → nothing happens because a building can not execute that stop function.
  • The new problem is: when the TC is idle and you wanted to create a villager nothing is happening. → therefore we would have a new bug report by someone that it is not working. Then about 30-60 days later you will spam the forum with 10 other posts about how that bug is not fixed yet.

You can say that new bug is not as problematic as the old one, and i do agree on that. However making that work around does not fix the old bug and could introduce new ones. It is a bad coding approach.

I for myself did not encounter the bug in the last 2 months. Where when I posted it I had several games where it happened to me. I also do not have any intention to spend time to test if it is fixed or not.

I appreciate your effort. I think your videos of this issues are well done. I think the value you add to this topic currently is negative. As well as your constant nitpicking about bugs not yet fixed. You waste the time of people with that. I won’t answer to you anymore, because I did waste my time here.

1 Like

It may appear as If I am spamming if you scroll up the thread, but only because there were 3 different posts about this issue, that all got merged into one. And I wanted to have the recording heard. But I do admit sometimes I may be agressively bumping up posts, just for the sake of trying to hurry things up, cos I don’t know any other way how could I help this game become better :confused:

I did get annoyed at first when you said that the bug isn’t important because it is only occuring to a few people, when in fact it can potentially affect everyone in the right situation. And I know probably most of my suggestions are not so good coding wise, but I thought anything could help.

I apologize for writing such an insulting statement towards you. I’ll also try to abstain from making lots of uneducated guesses in the future, and only comment when it’s necessary. At the end of the day I guess it doesn’t matter how many comments I write on a bug report, that won’t speed the progress up.