These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 50700
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The benchmark test doesn’t prohibid people form causing massive lag/griefing.
In ranked games people have the yellow clock from dark age onwards, indicating that their pc is struggeling to run the game, and that the lag will show up for all participants of the game.
The game becomes unplayable at later stages.
This is because of multiple reasons, e.g.:
- It is possible to change mods and the video resolution, without having to rerun the benchmark test.
- The benchmark test is usually run with all other apps closed. When people later play, they use voip and their webbrowser. The benchmark does not have overhead to compensate for that.
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
Note that this is highly dependend on the leaderboard position.
If you have a high rank, the game participants do also likely have a high rank and theirfore a good computer.
- Play 4v4 ranked rm.
- Everytime someone has the yellow clock, when all players are in dark age, the game is affected.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The benchmark test should guarantee that nobody has the yellow clock that early, at least before there are 200 units on the field.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.