Ranked ELO changes without playing a game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Ranked team ELO suddenly decreased even without having played a game. This is also confirmed by checking history of games played (no team ranked in past 12 days). The ELO score dropped by 64 points for no reason… Has anybody else experienced this? Or am I just very unlucky?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: *How often does the issue occur?

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Log into account
  2. Notice that ELO is way lower than it should be
  3. Check if account had played any games without me noticing - nope!

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Your elo will decay to a baseline number over time if you do not play any matches for a while but it has to be over a threshold number, I can’t remember what that number is for sure, I think it was around 1400 or something? If it dropped and you’re over that it’s not a bug, but if you’re below already it is probably a bug

1 Like

Agreed that it is likely a result on ELO decay. On the positive side, this allows you to re-enter online play at a slightly lower level to warm up your skills again.

There is an automatic decay for ELO? This is the first time I ever heard this… What is the formula for this?

I lost 64 points after not playing for 12 days. Seems pretty extreme…! Is that really correct?