Ranked multiplayer game crashes to desktop at start

Game Version:

• **Build:101.101.35584.0 4714640
  • **Platform:Steam
  • **Operating System: Windows 10
  • **Gamertag: Phoenix

Issue:

I mainly play multiplayer ranked games, in the beginning I played the game I didn’t have any problems, but now since a month or so I can no longer see the civs in the load screen, in game I can also don’t see who I am playing, the score only shows the score and colors. And about 40% of the time the game crashes to desktop when starting a new game (at load screen), the game has never crashed during the match.

I’ve tried to reinstall the game without any luck. Did anybody else encounter this issue and found a solution?

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Start a ranked multiplayer game

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

just wanted to make a post about this.

I have exactly the same issue, maybe i can add a thing or two that doesnt work for me either:

-chat does not work at all
-i dont see name of opponents, only the civs at the scoreboard
-the only way to find out the name of my opponent is to go to the timeline section in the achievement screen
-singleplayer games have 0 issues
-tabbing out at any point between pre-match after u found your opponent(s) and start of the game will crash the game in the loading screen 100%
-the multiplayer games work as long as i dont close the game. after i close it i have to completely restart my pc in order to play again (this might be a point to look at)

i hope this maybe helps.

so i just found this, maybe it helps you: Game crashes on loading

1 Like

Thanks that seems to fix the issue for me