Ranked queue cooldown after leaving game early

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.54684.0 7486483
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

During ranked RM MP game, my teammates resigned within the first minute so I did too. I was then issued a 5 minute queue-rejoining cooldown because I had “left the queue early”

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Only seen once and I don’t want to test it in case I am hit with more cooldowns.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Join ranked RM MP game
  2. Resign within the first minute
  3. Attempt to join a new RM MP game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

No cooldown should be issued in cases like this.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Apologies, did not take a screenshot in time.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Cannot upload savefile because I am a new user.

1 Like

Some people have proposed that only the first Alt-F4/resign player should receive the penalty. I suspect the devs did not take this into account, because they assumed arranged multiplayer teams would just rotate through having someone resign early until they got the map they wanted. I don’t think this will actually happen, because the whole team will now need to wait for the resigning player, and the whole team still gets a loss in game and Elo.

I assume they will address this with a future patch.

In the meantime, if someone resigns early, you can:

1. Practice your build order
  2. Try a crazy all-in strategy.
  3. Go to the bathroom (AFK)

I recognize that ultimately this acts like a penalty to you, even though you didn’t resign. However, the system is intended to reduce early resigns and it just might take some time to be effective.

Hi @CambridgeCircus !

Thanks, we are already tracking this issue!

1 Like

Got the same problem here.

One of my teammates resigns within a couple of seconds. Me and my team then resign of course, and I get banned for one hour? Maybe there is a chance to optimize the penalty system.

Thank you very much.