Ranked system?

would there be a ranked system ? and what would it be like if there was one ?

No word on this yet. Gotta assume there will be some ELO multiplayer ranking score.

Maybe it should be like AoE 2 HD ELO ranking score

It would be nice tho. I wouldn’t play with the hardcore guys :3

According to the video in E3 there definitely will be multiplayer but I think it’s too soon to speculate about that. There will be (and must be) a very good system behind multiplayer, and these things take time to develop.

I’d assume there will be some sort of ELO matchmaking, or perhaps a server browser? I’d love both.

So long as there are enough ppl to play each different types of games. I’m good with whatever kind of system.

a ranked system would be an excellent choice: bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, master and grandmaster league. I know many games share this system, but I think it works very well, and it would be great for AoE DE too

@Scion said:
a ranked system would be an excellent choice: bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, master and grandmaster league. I know many games share this system, but I think it works very well, and it would be great for AoE DE too

Except instead of the SC2 names the leagues should be something like:

Bronze, Iron, Silver, Gold, Master

Yes, of course bronze seems more desirable than iron, but it sounds strange because the Iron age is superior to the bronze age in AoE1

The break down could be like

Bronze 10% of player base
Iron 25%
Silver 30%
Gold 25%
Master 10%

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master and Grandmaster is pretty universal, it’s on many different games and genres, like Uncharted 4 multiplayer for example where it works great too imo. If you want to have an modern RTS with a competitive part in the player base, you need this. Or a well worked ELO system.

I heard in an interview that they are going to have a web portal where you can see your stats and results:

EDIT:(5 minute 8 second mark…)

@“XileZ EclipZ” said:

lets be honest here, its 2017. it would be pretty embarassing if the game released without fully functional matchmaking, a leaderboard, observer mode and replay system. i got a feeling tho that at least the last one aint gonna happen…

There will hopefully be a leader board and I would suggest only for multiplayer.

Age of Empires I in my opinion is the best game for multiplayer purposes, because of its simplicity, so I’m almost sure that we’re going to have a proper matchmaking system :D.

I hope it gets a ranked/elo system but a elo system like is aoe2 makes no sense to me… a elo system only really tells ur skill if theres a matchmaking system and ur queued up with people near ur rating, not if you go into a lobby urself and find players you can beat ur play with a buddy of yours trough teamspeak to play against 2 randoms.

@“Andy P” said:
No word on this yet. Gotta assume there will be some ELO multiplayer ranking score.

@“cG Trolerkules” said:

@“XileZ EclipZ” said:

lets be honest here, its 2017. it would be pretty embarassing if the game released without fully functional matchmaking, a leaderboard, observer mode and replay system. i got a feeling tho that at least the last one aint gonna happen…

There are not going to be replays. But the other features that you suggested are very handy :slight_smile:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@“Andy P” said:

@“cG Trolerkules” said:

@“XileZ EclipZ” said:

There are not going to be replays. But the other features that you suggested are very handy :slight_smile:

That’s too bad for replays … I want this feature so much. It would help the community to lvl up faster and keep it active and having top games available for everyone