Ranked System

Hey guys. I saw today %36 winrate 1853 elo player. How does that possible ? If anyone knows pls tell me why??!

1 Like

Team game matchmaking was broken for months (and might still be).

Basically lower level players would constantly match with top players, giving them a low winrate without impacting their elo much because they would barely lose any point due to the elo difference.

2 Likes

Something seems broken for teamgame ratings. Issue unknown.

1 Like

it is freaking me out. i match people i am thinking they are capable to play with me .after half hour, i see they are actually around 1500 not 1800. But this is not really fun. today i beat that guy and i had double point higher than him. I mean i am not smurf or something i am between 1700-1900 elo player. I dont wanna match who someone is not on this elo. Becasue gameplay of low elos are really boring for me.

2 Likes

Are you talking about 1v1 or team games? It looks like there is something wrong with team game ratings. See my previous post for link.

The fact that TG matchmaking was indeed broken for so long gave some players a “false” rating. So now that it works in large parts as intended, it takes time for those players to get back to their actual rating.

Then again some players are way better on Arena/BF and close boom maps, but may suck on aggressive open maps.

1 Like

I think the biggest drawback is premades vs solos. If both have the same rating and skill, the premades will win because better coordination. The issue from the past is still a thing in the current ratings.

Also there are reports of players who just win around 15-20 points if they win, but only loose around 5 if they loose. Why? No one knows. But this mades ratings to inflate. Ratings wont stabilize ever if ratings are inflated. So they dont have a real change to get back to their actual level.

And there is indeed the difference between open and closed maps betwene players.

2 Likes

i go through periods of winning games and getting lots of elo for winning, and losing very little elo for losing and then i check the elo and one of the opponents will have 100+ higher than mine, so my rank climbs even if im losing more than im winning (especially since i drop more regulary in those games when i find its an imba match up) and ive been paired or faced off a number of people with similar cases