Rankeds should be standard victory, not conquest!

Your answer is like making a wonder in the corner of the map protecting it with 1k layers of walls bombard towers and siege. And Im reading it like GG no re I go play with someone else. Pretty funny huh

I would still give it a go just for fun and see how it goes, adding 1 map with standard victory to the pool for a month for example, or maybe have a tournament around it

Strongly disagree, conquest is the competitive standard for a good reason. you can deal with relics (stop one player from getting all relics), but Wonders are not well balanced at all. it greatly encourages camping and make games incredibly dull and campy.

I also don’t agree with the reasoning. you should collect relics regardless if it’s conquest anyway, (being a monk civ doesn’t make it that much more viable, it’s not like you are going for monk techs if you’re just collecting relics).

Definitely do not split up the playerbase for an incredibly niche gamemode.

2 Likes

My post got deleted for w/e reason.

It takes the imperial age to build a wonder and is 1k of each resource. It takes time to build, and it takes a vill investment.

after that you got 200 years or something to destroy it right? Honestly, if you let you’re opponent get to that point you probaly deserve the loss imo.

I do not see a problem with standard victory at all. If anything it might promote a more aggresive fedual age / castle age which i am all up for.

This is ranked play. This is only really a problem for new players i think where both players will boom.
On a side note: I would want wonder/relics as a different tactic for some players, and i think some civs might be picked more. I love the idea of tactics changeing a bit.

Even the pro players, viper, daut and who else mentioned themselves they would love more variation.
Not specifially wonders, and relics. But in general.