Really really painful bug with literally all task object and teleport object triggers being messed up

I’m just going to preface this by saying I’m incredibly angry and frustrated by losing hours of work, and either having to give up my scenario, or fix the whole thing over several more hours. :rage: :sob: :rage:

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I have a scenario. It’s pretty good. I’ve been working on it for over two weeks, with 2-3 hours of work every day. Today, suddenly when I open it up… Stuff broke. Literally all of the task object triggers either reset totally, or swapped out their values, along with a lot of the other triggers. This is incredibly frustrating, and could cause me hours of extra work as I try and fix this. I’m really really annoyed right now. I have 140 triggers, and now I have to manually check them all and fix this. I’ve also fixed some stuff, saved, reloaded, and it’s corrupted again.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• I don’t know, this is the first time I’ve ever seen it, and I hope to never see it again.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I don’t know, maybe create a scenario.
  2. Build a large and detailed map, with several hundred triggers.
  3. Use task object triggers
  4. Save and come back the next day.
  5. Watch all your hard work lie in ruins and need to be repaired.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I expect the game to not randomly delete hours of hard work.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

This is just one example. I have a closeup of the task object here:

In this example, you can see the task object has been blanked. The location was meant to be the red character visible on the screen, and this is just one of many instances of this.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I’m really sorry for your troubles. We have not experienced a similar issue during the development of the official campaign scenarios. Do you have a version of your scenario that reproduces the problem? A version that when opened it resets the triggers, etc and was not saved over after the problem occurred? If so - could you please provide this scenario file as a link here?

I’ll get one for you later. Basically, I had my scenario from two days ago, which was working. I was going to delete some of the triggers, so I saved a backup. I deleted the triggers, and then unthinkingly pressed saved, which overwrote my backup. That was actually fine, because I didn’t need to go back. I then saved it again under the name of my original scenario, with nothing else changed. Opening the new save had it reset all the triggers, or at least corrupt them. The backup was still fine, so thankfully it seems I’ve recovered my work, but it still isn’t great. I’ll try and get you the two files later.

Can you get the aoe2.scenario extension authorized? It won’t let me upload, and although I could workaround, it would be easier if I didn’t need to.

I’ll see what I can do, but it may take some time. If possible, please upload to a cloud service and post a link here.

Ok, I’ll get a comparison between the corrupted and clean versions later. I also have it much further now, and this hasn’t occurred again, so maybe it was when I overwrote my save that it happened, because I’ve been saving everything as a new file now?

You should be able to upload scenarios here now.