Reasons to love "Lord of the West" DLC

Going on about campaigns is utterly foolish. I’ve never even looked at the expansion campaigns and I’ve never completed the campaigns from the base game. That doesn’t mean I haven’t had my fair share of AI games with my thousands of hours between HD and DE. The campaign players are a small percentage but campaign players do not make up the majority of single player games. Not even close. Even a cursory glance over the actual statistics would tell you so.

3 Likes

There are no reasons to love the new DLC.
The game is already falling in pieces through balance problems due to the already huge number of civilizations. So now there are two - clearly pretty much overpowered as always on release - new civs which will be a must-have for the people who plays in Multiplayer and i’m sure will be also an easy buy for single-player players.

Once again, the people who is managing this game just showed up how clowny they are …

… making people pay again after remaking the game for the third time with an unpromised DLC (which costs half the entire game?) and with a clear purpose of cash-milking/grabbing (the pre-order stuff is pathetic and clearly aimed at raising money quickly).

Once again the management showed how they don’t give a f about the game working well for everyone (i want to remind also all the bugs and problems that still haunts the game 1 year after release) and instead they just know how to spam pay-to-play/win content.

Of course the “silent majority” of the players are just campaign or vs AI addicted so they just don’t care at all about balance (i mean, just look at Reddit or this forum, with plenty of requests about even more civilizations…) but this is so disrespectful towards who is making the game even more known and bigger thanks to Multiplayer/pro-play and tournaments/streaming. It just feels like a punch in the face after having complained so much about how the state of the game isn’t clearly healthy.

9 Likes

I gave you three

Oh, you’re one of those posters. What an absurd proclamation. The game has literally never been better, and more complex. Pure doomsaying.

Except for Bulgarians, Tatars, Vietnamese, and Khmer, half of the civs from the last two updates required significant buffs to reach viability. You could make the case for more, but best not give the piranha any bait to bite at.

By selling a product people can buy?

If you don’t like the remakes, you can go back to Voobly. Nobody’s stopping you from enjoying that option at no cost. Then you don’t have to worry about someone milking you for money. That’s not actually what you believe, which is why you’re here, you’re just complaining for complaint’s sake.

Besides the Closed Beta phase, the only bug I ever had to deal with was that couple of months where the K/D for every game was bugged and you’d only have like 3/18. It didn’t matter at all for the actual playability of the game and it’s been extremely solid for me for hundreds of hours. Sounds like a personal problem.

There’s a silent majority of players in the game, certainly, but those are the people playing the game. These people do not want nonsense complaint threads about this unit, that civ, those techs, to distort the balance to silence some annoyingly vocal forum warrior who won’t shut up about problems that do not exist. The people who make this game more known don’t complain about it ad nauseum and take every opportunity to tee off on the developers and the game design. They enjoy it for what it is.

It’s so very disrespectful to claim that the developers are doing the people promoting their game a disservice by creating new content for them to experience and it’s further disrespectful to act as if you speak for this group. You speak for yourself. You last posted a year ago and claim to be someone who has complained about the health of the game “so much” and all I can see is a lack of effort to do so meaningfully until it’s time to take a cheap shot at FE. Yeah, okay.

5 Likes

IF they use aoe 2 as a test env for aoe 4 then i highly support it… along with giving us new content they can improve much on civ design for AOE 4

lol microsoft may but Relic doesnt… their previous 2 launches … Company of heroes 2 and warhammer 40k didnt meet the expectation, so i hope they take more time and gain more experience

I think theyll go to new regions in next dlcs

3 Likes

Looking at HD stats, only 46% of players have the “won your first MP game” achievement

DE got rid of those achievements, though, so can’t gauge that. 27% have the Skirmish against Standard AI achievement.

What’s the point debating which modes has the most players active if it’s not a different basic game mode? I don’t see the value in attempting to pin down an estimate of the SP base versus the MP base. No matter which is larger, we’re not talking about DM here. As long as the AI crowd doesn’t impose their certain proclamations of OPness of certain strategies because they can beat the AI with it, it shouldn’t matter.

Yeah guys, we know you can beat the AI. I can beat the AI with a Viking knight rush. We aren’t proud of this, are we?

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

It’s the opposite, actually.

The point is, there’s a (usually pretty silent) casual crowd who love the game for comp stomps, and so they’re gonna appreciate new content (both campaigns, and more skirmish civs) without worrying about balance in any tangible way. Which is why “purists” who keep saying “we don’t need any more new civs” aren’t particularly likely to be the only voice the devs consider.

3 Likes

Plenty more European factions if they want to add more.This is just to get an idea not to argue over.

6 Likes

Is there a version of this for the whole world?

I think its only for europe.

Source for the image might help though. I think it’s a map from Total War Atilla?

Found it here.
1,185 votes and 170 comments so far on Reddit

a Crusader Kings one if you’d like

Patches cost money. The developers need to be paid.if you want the game to receive the support it deserves and the bugs to be fixed then it’s a no brainer. As long as there’s new content then I’ll pay for it and in turn more patches for the MP crowd. Not a hard concept to follow

7 Likes

Pretty much nailed it.

2 Likes

One more reason: Jean d’Arc will return in the Burgundian campaign.

5 Likes